This Sunday morning we’re planning the following activities:
(1) Between 6:30 and 7:30 we’ll be applying some security patches to the Library server “zeppo”. We expect a less than 10 minute outage of the following services: MiddCat, My MiddCat, Ilsley cataglog, Sheldon catalog, the Millennium client used by library staff.
(2) Between 6:30 and 7:30 we’ll upgrade the Service Building network connection to 10 Gbps from 1 Gbps . This will interrupt all network services to the Service Building for less than 20 minutes.
(3) Between 7:00 and 8:30 we’ll re-route the network fiber connections for Stewart. This will interrupt all network services Stewart for less than 10 minutes.
(4) Between 7:00 and 9:00 we’ll re-route the network fiber connections and switch out some associated infrastructure for McCullough. This will interrupt all network services to McCullough for 2 less than 10 minute periods.
(5) Between 7:30 and 9:30 we’ll re-route the network fiber connections that provide connectivity to the large dorms on the north side of campus. This will interruption all network connections to these buildings 2-3 times for less than 2 minutes each.
(6) Between 7:30 and 9:30 we’ll re-route the network fiber connections that provide connectivity to BiHall. This will interrupt all network connections to BiHall for less than 2 minutes.
We appreciate your patience as we continue to enhance the performance and reliability of our IT infrastructure.