Lighting and audio/video renovations will take place between Dec 16 and Jan 6 in all Warner classrooms except the Hemicycle. LIS will offer orientation sessions prior to December in identical classrooms, as well as during the first week of J-term (orientation dates will be posted on the LIS blog, soon).
As part of the renovation, Facilities Services will upgrade the lighting systems in Warner 202, 203, 207, 208, 506 and 507. The new lighting system will use LED lights which are more energy efficient and longer lasting. This upgrade will begin after the end of exams, on Dec 16th. The lighting upgrade will be completed before J-term starts. As each room gets an upgraded lighting system, LIS will also upgrade the audio/video equipment. If there is a delay in any room, the upgrade will be rescheduled for the February recess and the existing lighting and A/V will remain in place and will be functional.
As part of these renovations:
- The VHS players from the classrooms will be removed. Please see our Analog Sunset web page for more information on the future of VHS players.
- A new Blu-ray/DVD combo player will be installed.
- The option for connecting a laptop with a VGA cable will remain, and we will add an option for connecting a laptop digitally (via HDMI).
- The podium computers will remain, as well.
- The existing document cameras will remain and they can be moved from classroom to classroom as needed.
- The existing screens will remain in place, so no chalkboard space will be lost.
Due to the extensive electrical work required for Warner Hemicycle, this space will not be part of the lighting or audio/video upgrade. We are working with Facilities Services to make this a project for 2013-2014.