Join the Friends of International Students Host Program!
Dear Faculty and Staff-
International Student & Scholar Services invites you to learn more about our Friends of International Students (FIS) Host program.
• The program provides a fantastic opportunity for you to meet people from around the world, and to connect with a student in an individual way.
• It’s a friendship program. Contacts between student and family are arranged on your own terms.
• The Class of 2020 will include more than 70 international students, including some U.S. students who have lived abroad and exchange students so we will need many new hosts.
We will offer several information meetings throughout the spring and summer. If you are interested in exploring the possibility of serving as a host to an international student, please register to attend one of our information meetings. We ask that new hosts attend a meeting so that we can meet them and share more information about the program. Even if you are an experienced host, we encourage you to join us as your stories and insights are vital to new FIS friends who are trying to decide if they would be a good fit for the program.
Here is our meeting schedule for the season:
• Wednesday, May 11 from 12:30-1:15
• Tuesday, June 14 from 12:30-1:15
• Wednesday, July 13 from 12:30-1:15
• Thursday, August 4 from 5:15 to 6:00
• Monday, August 15 from 12:30-1:15
To register for a meeting, please email ISSS at firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: FIS Host Program) or call us at 802.443.5858. All of our meetings will take place in the Service Building, 2nd floor. You’re welcome to bring your lunch to midday meetings.
You can learn more about the FIS Host Program on our website at: http://www.middlebury.edu/international/isss/fis .
Please share this information with friends and family who do not work at the College.We invite all who are interested to become a part of this wonderful program!
We look forward to hearing from you!