Employee transportation benefit: Make your commute cheaper, easier, and more sustainable
Middlebury staff and faculty ride all CCTA and ACTR buses for FREE, including the commuter buses to Burlington and Rutland. Riding CCTA and/or ACTR buses saves you money while lowering your carbon footprint.
To ride the free commuter buses, you will need a sticker from Human Resources for your Middlebury ID card:
- Go to Human Resources with your Middlebury ID Card and ask for the CCTA/ACTR sticker for your ID
- When you ride an CCTA or ACTR bus, show your Middlebury ID to the bus driver
- The College reimburses rides on CCTA and ACTR commuter buses at NO expense to staff and faculty
NOTE: This is a staff and faculty benefit only. While students ride the Middlebury ACTR buses for free, they pay for the commuter buses.
Commuter Bus Routes
- Tri-Town Shuttle Bus: Middlebury – Vergennes – New Haven – Bristol
- Burlington LINK Express: Middlebury – Vergennes – Ferrisburgh – Charlotte – Shelburne – Burlington
- 116 Commuter: Middlebury – Bristol – Starksboro – Hinesburg – South Burlington – Burlington
- Rutland Connector: Middlebury – Salisbury – Leicester – Brandon – Pittsford – Rutland
If you are unsure about how to use the bus system or where to park to catch a bus, contact Kris Smith at kksmith@middlebury or 802.443.2536.