Invitation: Friends of International Students Host Program Informational Meeting, May 8
You’re invited to learn more about the Friends of International Students (FIS) Host Program at our upcoming information meeting.
Dear Faculty and Staff–
International Student & Scholar Services invites you to learn more about our Friends of International Students host program.
- The program provides a terrific opportunity for you to meet people from around the world, and to connect with a student in an individual way.
- It’s a friendship program. Contacts between student and family are arranged on your own terms.
- To date, the Class of 2017 will include more than 60 international students, including some U.S. students who live abroad.
- In September, we also will welcome over 15 international exchange students.
- Most of the students participate in our program, so we will need many new hosts.
We will offer several information sessions throughout the summer.
If you are interested in exploring the possibility of serving as a host to an international student, please register to attend one of our information meetings.
- Our first meeting will be on Wednesday, May 8th, 12:15-1:00 p.m. in the Carr Hall Lounge (Carr Hall is on College Street, and is also marked as the Center for the Comparative Study of Race and Ethnicity). Please feel free to bring your lunch.
We hope you will be able to join us. However, if you cannot attend a session and are interested in the program, please let us know. We will schedule additional meetings throughout the summer, with future dates to be announced.
TO REGISTER: Please contact Ben Bruno, ISSS Advisor, by email at email@example.com or by telephone at 443-5858. (Your email reply will go directly to the ISSS office mailbox. In either your email or phone message, please provide your name, email address, and phone number.) Even if you have been a host in the past, please contact us to register for a meeting, both to share your experiences with potential hosts and to learn about the upcoming year of the FIS program!
Please share this information with friends and family who do not work at the College.
We invite all who are interested in learning more about the program to attend a meeting.
Click here to learn more about the Friends of International Students (FIS) Host Program.