Rachel Copulsky ’16

rachel
Hometown:
 New York, NY

Major/Minor: Psychology with interests in Physics and Dance

Email: Rcopulsky@middlebury.edu

On-campus Activities: Residential Life, Inter Commons Council, Meditation Club

Commons: Atwater

Why did you choose Middlebury?

The simplest answer is when I visited, it just felt right to be here. I wanted a small school where I could really get to know my professors and peers.  Middlebury has been that place for me and so much more.

Did you study abroad? Or are you planning to go abroad?

I’m currently in the process of applying….and getting my passport! If I were to go abroad it would be somewhere in Europe in the Spring where I could study Psychology.

Favorite study spot on campus?

Crossroads Cafe in McCullough in the afternoon with a smoothie or Nutella hot chocolate.

Favorite class or professor at Middlebury (or both)?

My first year seminar with Professor Evans called “Remembering the Civil War.”  We had an awesome group of students who still keep in touch.  The class was less about dates and facts and more about adjusting to college writing, work load, and life here at Midd.  I have a lot of fond memories from that class.  Even though all of us have found new advisors in our majors, my classmates still go to Professor Evans just to talk.

Your biggest challenge adjusting to Middlebury?

Definitely adjusting to a small community coming from a big city. I struggle with time management.  There does not seem to be enough hours in the day to do everything Middlebury has to offer.

Best Proctor Dining Hall creation?

Creamy Peanut Butter, White Chocolate Chips, Cinnamon.  Microwave for 10 seconds. Spread it on some apple slices and you may have to sit for a few minutes to recover.

Advice for a prospective student?

Have an open mind!  The college process is all about you and what’s going to work for you over the next four years.  Take some time at each school you visit to walk the campus on your own and really get a feel for the school and culture.