Introduce yourselves

Just a thread to have students in the class introduce themselves, and thus provide a link to your ID so you can be added as a contributor to the blog. To make it interesting, provide one pop culture tidbit about yourself that we can remember you by.

I’ll go first: I’ve seen four of the six Star Wars films in the theater during their original releases. Oddly enough, the two that I missed were both the second film in each trilogy.

17 thoughts on “Introduce yourselves

1. Neil Baron

My name is Neil Baron and I am a Junior double majoring in Film and Media Culture and Math. Last summer I worked as an intern for a CW affiliate television station, which primarily consisted of driving around in a big green CW van talking to random people about “Friends” and “Gossip Girl.”

So my pop culture tidbit is that I make people watch “Gossip Girl.”

2. Tahirah Foy

My name is Tahirah Foy and I am a Junior double majoring in Film & Media Culture and Economics. My popular culture tibit is that I read at least two blogs daily and I am obsessed with the television show Law and Order SVU.

3. Sarah Pickering

I’m Sarah Pickering, a junior from outside Philadelphia. I am doing a joint major in English and American Studies. As I said in class I love to read all kinds of books and poetry, especially Ginsberg, Plath, Hemingway, Kerouac, and so many others… I also like graphic novels such as Fun Home and Persepolis.

4. Toren Hardee

I’m Toren, I’m from Keene, New Hampshire, I’m a sophomore and I’ll soon be declaring an English/Film and Media Culture joint major. As far as tidbits go….I’m listening to “Strike On Computers” from the album of the same title by Johnny Guitar Watson right now and it’s really fantastic.

5. Noah Feder

My name is Noah Feder, I am a senior from the suburbs of Memphis, TN, and an International Studies major. Children of Men is the last movie that really hit me like a great movie should.

6. Melissa Marshall

I am Melissa Marshall and I am a Senior English major from Newark, DE. I think Pandora may be the greatest technological, humanitarian, scientific invention of our lifetime and when one of my flights is delayed I hide a copy of “InTouch” magazine behind a copy of “The New Yorker” to avoid the judgment of fellow passengers. I

7. Marianne

I am Marianne in Film and Media Culture Major and I come from France. My pop culture tidbit is to watch regularly French humor sketches on “Canal+” but also “the Zapping” which is 5 minutes short clips about funny or shocking moments on French and American TV.

8. Anne Imgenberg

My name is Anne and I am an exchange student from Germany, majoring in American Studies. I like going to the movies, watching diverse genres such as period costume dramas and science fiction films. I am especially interested in movie adaptations which I love to criticize when they are not at least true to the ‘spirit’ of the original.

9. Alana Wall

I am Alana and I’m a junior American Studies major from Hawaii. I am interested in fashion, and this past summer i worked at a high-end retailer selling everything from Armani suits and bugaboos to Shu Uemura mascara.

10. James Schonzeit

My name is James Schonzeit. I’m a Junior Economics and Film & Media Culture double major from New York City.

A few songs off the top of my head that at some point in my life i have known all the lyrics to:

“The Bad Touch”– The Bloodhound Gang
    “Celebration” — Kool & the Gang
    “Just the Two of Us” — Mike Myers as Dr. Evil in Austin Power’s: The Spy who Shagged Me

After graduation, I hope to go into advertising.

11. Ian Trombulak

I’m Ian, I’m a first year student from Vermont. Crank, Memento, The Mummy, Back to the Future and Sin City all have a place among my list of favorite movies (or so says my facebook). I like a wide variety of music and movies, and have loved video games since I rented a Nintendo 64 one time as a kid.

12. Kyle Howard

Hey, I’m Kyle Howard. Those of you who visited midd confessional last spring may have read about the legendary “Kyle Howard.” While I would have liked to have defeated Yahweh on 1,000 foot Beirut table or said “let there be light” and there was light, I can’t say that I have.

Also, be careful not to confuse me with the actor Kyle Howard, whom I’m sure you know from such masterpieces as UPN’s show LOVE BOAT: The Next Wave (’98), the “stoner in van” from the film ORANGE COUNTY, or the lab tech in CSI.

13. Dustin Schwartz

Hey, I’m Dustin Schwartz. I’m from Forest Hills, New York. I enjoy watching many many films and listening to a lot of music. I’m also a Junior Double Film and Media Culture-Theatre double major. Therefore, I have no life.

14. Emre Sahin

Hey guys. My name is Emre and I am a senior from Istanbul, Turkey. I am a poli-sci major with a minor in film.
    I like gypsy music and movies made by Tony Gatlif.

15. Jeremy Martin

Hello all, I’m Jeremy from Stratham, NH. I play drums, have a major going in International Politics and Economics, and enjoy when Middlebury gets warm. Cheers!

16. gdube

Hi. I’m Charlie Dube and I’m a senior from New Jersey. Sorry to be introducing myself so late. Last summer I spent almost half of the money I earned at the movies. I’m not quite sure if that is a pop culture tidbit but it is depressing.