Sunday

The English noun Sunday derived sometime before 1250 from sunedai, which itself developed from  Old English (before 700) Sunnandæg (literally meaning “sun’s day”. ( courtesty Wikipedia)

Not to be confused with Rebecca Black’s new hit single, Friday…Sunday is the day we all enjoy as the last moments of weekend freedom. I couldn’t help but mention Rebecca Black because I heard the song on THE RADIO, as in the song is no longer confined within the realm of Youtube. It has finally ruined the ears of many. I was pretty horrified. Yes, I know I should applaud a young artist getting herself out there. She has used Youtube to her advantage, and clearly made use of her parent’s checkbook in signing that random rapper on board. Yikes. Some of the people in her video have braces, and none of them have their licenses, yet they talk about going to parties that seemingly occur when you “get down on Friday”. Shes not someone I would pick to represent the millennial generation well, that’s for sure. Yet nonetheless, what she “sings” about still manages to resonate. It is particularly on days like Sunday, when you wish nothing more than the chance to go back to Friday and have the whole weekend ahead of you like an open canvas.  Because for now you have a whole week ahead of you, and a whole bunch of last weeks work that you told yourself you were going to do “over the weekend”, as if time management existed within that continuum. So here I write on Sunday, but this one has a bit of special meaning to it. It’s one that many people have actually been looking forward to, especially if you’ve given up something in light of Lent. People are actually walking around in their Sunday best and we wonder why it doesn’t happen more often. Today some opened Easter baskets filled with Cadberry Eggs or Peeps, or went to church with friends. It was a nice break from the usual Sunday routine, though regrettably the holiday didn’t promise better weather. Regardless, spirits seemed lifted today despite all of the confusing weather patterns and workloads.