The Geo Mashup plugin adds geographic tagging of your posts and blog. You can enter an address, points on a map, upload a GPX log, or enter latitude & longitude. You can then embed Maps, location tags, and ground tracks in your site and your blog entries. Makes your feeds GeoRSS compatible and adds KML output. (http://georss.org/geopress ). To use this plugin, do the following:
- Go to your blog Dashboard
- Click on Plugins > Installed
- Activate the “Geo Mashup” plugin
- Click on Geo Mashup in your Dashboard to configure
NOTE: This plugin that requires setting up a GoogleMaps key.
Once Geo Mashup is activated and configured, to use in posts, do the following:
- Tag a place for a single post.
- Assign a page for the global mashup.
- Adjust the settings of the mashup in the Setting panel (optional)
For more information about this plugin in general see the wordpress-geo-mashup project site. For more information about the use of geospatial technologies at Middlebury, see:
Teaching with Technology > tags > GIS
LIS Wiki > Geospatial Information