THIS J-TERM

I promise myself I too will make a vid. I must. I mean there I was sold after today’s screening–specifically of “Us” (I think that’s what it was called, please await the correct title on that one). I mean it went so far beyond just linking up clips and snippets that may or may not talk to each other in some way and adding a track that “says it all.” I’m talkin’ about making something that holds it’s own weight. And that’s what this was. There’s so much potential with vidding. Yes, I’m a flip-flopper that hated vids/remixes/autotuning the news about a day ago, but man… you wanted to see more. Whether that was because of confusion or interest, either way the vid had you in. Also, hello!! Vid can be traced from 1975. They can be traced back to women. Not men. Not youtube. That’s what I’m talking about.

3 thoughts on “THIS J-TERM

1. Mark Whelan

I wonder if you have taken into account all of the time and energy that goes into making a vid. Watching hours of footage, then capturing it, then editing it. What content do you know and enjoy well enough that you are willing to put in that time and energy?

I am not trying to put you down or discourage you, I am genuinely curious as to what you think you could make a vid out of and how you feel about the commitment you are making.