In preparation for the end of the Fall Term please take a moment to review the following information so you may plan your departure accordingly.
Important Fall-Winter Term Move Out and Return Dates:
- Students must leave campus 24 hours after their last final and no later than noon on Monday, December 19th
- Students may not return to campus until 9:00 a.m. on Sunday, January 8th
Only students enrolled in on-campus Winter Term courses may return to campus.
Fall Term on-campus residents requesting End of Term Room Changes:
- Are responsible for understanding what is required; please refer to the information posted on the Undergraduate Housing website about End of Term Room Change Requests. After doing so please contact me if you have specific questions that have not been answered.
- Because students may not hear if an End of Term Room Change request has been approved before they plan to leave campus they should make preliminary preparations (organize and clean their room) well in advance, so they can meet the required deadlines if a room change is approved.
- ALL STUDENTS APPROVED FOR END OF TERM ROOM CHANGES MUST VACATE THEIR CURRENT ROOM AND TURN IN THEIR ROOM KEY BEFORE THEY LEAVE CAMPUS FOR A BREAK.
- ALL STUDENTS APPROVED FOR AN END OF FALL TERM ROOM CHANGE ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR PLACING THEIR BELONGINGS IN STORAGE UNTIL THEY RETURN TO CAMPUS, i.e. Fletcher Barn or in a friend’s room who is not involved in a move.
- Students not enrolled on campus for a Winter Term and approved for an End of Term room change (Fall or Winter) MUST VACATE THEIR ROOM WHEN THEY LEAVE CAMPUS AT THE END OF THE FALL TERM. If a student leaves campus before they can be notified if their request for a room change is approved they must still vacate their room and make arrangements for a friend to move and store their belongings for them.
- Students may not pick up a new room key or move any belongings into a new room until they return to campus.
- Students housed in Forest East and West, or Meeker and Munford 3rd floors will be able to view their Touch Pad lock code in their BANNER page as of 9:00 a.m. on the first day of their housing assignment.
- Students leaving campus for the remainder of the year may not leave items behind in residential storage spaces including those in Social and Academic Interest Houses; personal items may only be stored on campus in Fletcher Barn (questions: contact Public Safety). Personal belongings left behind at the end of the academic year in spaces other than Fletcher Barn will be removed and donated.
Residential Systems Coordinator
Office of the Dean of Students
McCullough – Middlebury College
Middlebury, VT 05753