Middland on TwitterMy Tweets
TagsArbor Day BFR Campus community campus wildlife CAPP Commencement drought ecology Emma Willard Facilities fall color flooding flowers geology GIS iTree job seeker Landscape landscape history McCullough native Outdoor Art Plant Pathology poem renga resume Reunion rocks snow snow removal storm report Tree Campus tree planting tree removal Trees twitter vandalism watering Weather weather station winter carnival winter term
- Current Conditions : 50.7F, Overcast - 7:01 PM EDT Oct. 22Temperature: 50.7°F | Humidity: 82% | Pressure: 30.08in ( Falling) | Conditions: Overcast | Wind Direction: North | Wind Speed: 14.0mph
- Wednesday Night as of Oct. 22 5:00 PM EDTWednesday Night - Overcast with rain. Low of 45F. Winds from the North at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 100% with rainfall amounts near 0.6 in. possible.
- Wednesday as of Oct. 22 5:00 PM EDTWednesday - Overcast with rain. High of 52F. Winds from the North at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 90%.
- Thursday as of Oct. 22 5:00 PM EDTThursday - Overcast with rain. High of 50F. Winds from the North at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 100% with rainfall amounts near 0.4 in. possible.
- Current Conditions : 50.7F, Overcast - 7:01 PM EDT Oct. 22
Middlebury Landscape History
Over on the Turf Battle Atwater Landscape Contest Blog, I just posted a short new piece readers of this blog might find interesting. I was fooling around in ArcGIS one day, when I came across some historical aerial photographs of the town of Middlebury, including areas of the campus. I exported 3 pictures from the map of the Atwater section of campus, from 2006, 1974, and 1942. I like seeing the differences in canopy cover from year to year, and am amazed how young some “old” trees we have on the north end of campus actually are. Expect more pictures like this soon-this is really cool stuff.