Middland on TwitterMy Tweets
TagsArbor Day BFR Campus community campus wildlife CAPP Commencement drought ecology Emma Willard Facilities fall color flooding flowers geology GIS iTree job seeker Landscape landscape history McCullough native Outdoor Art Plant Pathology poem renga resume Reunion rocks snow snow removal storm report Tree Campus tree planting tree removal Trees twitter vandalism watering Weather weather station winter carnival winter term
- Current Conditions : 54.4F, Clear - 12:47 PM EDT Apr. 20Temperature: 54.4°F | Humidity: 31% | Pressure: 30.42in (Steady) | Conditions: Clear | Wind Direction: SSE | Wind Speed: 3.0mph
- Monday as of Apr. 20 11:00 AM EDTMonday - Partly cloudy. High of 73F. Breezy. Winds from the SSW at 15 to 20 mph.
- Sunday as of Apr. 20 11:00 AM EDTSunday - Clear in the morning, then partly cloudy. High of 61F. Winds from the South at 5 to 10 mph.
- Sunday Night as of Apr. 20 11:00 AM EDTSunday Night - Partly cloudy. Low of 43F. Winds from the SSE at 5 to 15 mph.
- Flood Warning - Expires: 11:45 AM EDTFlood Warning for Addison County in effect until 11:45 AM EDT on April 21, 2014
- Current Conditions : 54.4F, Clear - 12:47 PM EDT Apr. 20
Middlebury Landscape History
Over on the Turf Battle Atwater Landscape Contest Blog, I just posted a short new piece readers of this blog might find interesting. I was fooling around in ArcGIS one day, when I came across some historical aerial photographs of the town of Middlebury, including areas of the campus. I exported 3 pictures from the map of the Atwater section of campus, from 2006, 1974, and 1942. I like seeing the differences in canopy cover from year to year, and am amazed how young some “old” trees we have on the north end of campus actually are. Expect more pictures like this soon-this is really cool stuff.