Middland on TwitterMy Tweets
TagsArbor Day BFR Campus community campus wildlife CAPP Commencement drought ecology Emma Willard Facilities fall color flooding flowers geology GIS iTree job seeker Landscape landscape history McCullough native Outdoor Art Plant Pathology poem renga resume Reunion rocks snow snow removal storm report Tree Campus tree planting tree removal Trees twitter vandalism watering Weather weather station winter carnival winter term
- Current Conditions : 36.3F, Mostly Cloudy - 6:42 AM EDT Mar. 11Temperature: 36.3°F | Humidity: 85% | Pressure: 29.45in ( Falling) | Conditions: Mostly Cloudy | Wind Direction: SW | Wind Speed: 2.0mph […]
- Winter Storm Warning - Expires: 8:00 PM EDTWinter Storm Warning for Addison County in effect until 8:00 PM EDT on March 13, 2014
- Tuesday as of Mar. 11 4:06 AM EDTTuesday - Partly cloudy. High of 46F. Winds less than 5 mph.
- Wednesday as of Mar. 11 4:06 AM EDTWednesday - Overcast with snow and a chance of rain, then snow in the afternoon. High of 39F with a windchill as low as 23F. Winds from the NE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 100% with accumulations up to 2 in. possible. […]
- Tuesday Night as of Mar. 11 4:06 AM EDTTuesday Night - Overcast with a chance of snow after midnight. Low of 27F. Winds less than 5 mph. Chance of snow 30%. […]
- Current Conditions : 36.3F, Mostly Cloudy - 6:42 AM EDT Mar. 11
Middlebury Landscape History
Over on the Turf Battle Atwater Landscape Contest Blog, I just posted a short new piece readers of this blog might find interesting. I was fooling around in ArcGIS one day, when I came across some historical aerial photographs of the town of Middlebury, including areas of the campus. I exported 3 pictures from the map of the Atwater section of campus, from 2006, 1974, and 1942. I like seeing the differences in canopy cover from year to year, and am amazed how young some “old” trees we have on the north end of campus actually are. Expect more pictures like this soon-this is really cool stuff.