Middland on TwitterMy Tweets
TagsArbor Day BFR Campus community campus wildlife CAPP Commencement drought ecology Emma Willard Facilities fall color flooding flowers geology GIS iTree job seeker Landscape landscape history McCullough native Outdoor Art Plant Pathology poem renga resume Reunion rocks snow snow removal storm report Tree Campus tree planting tree removal Trees twitter vandalism watering Weather weather station winter carnival winter term
- Current Conditions : 36.7F, Clear - 5:01 PM EST Dec. 6Temperature: 36.7°F | Humidity: 75% | Pressure: 30.05in (Rising) | Conditions: Clear | Wind Direction: NNE | Wind Speed: 3.0mph
- Friday Night as of Dec. 6 4:00 PM ESTFriday Night - Mostly cloudy with a chance of snow in the evening, then overcast with a chance of snow. Low of 25F. Winds less than 5 mph. Chance of snow 50% with accumulations up to 2 in. possible.
- Friday as of Dec. 6 4:00 PM ESTFriday - Overcast with a chance of snow and a chance of rain in the morning, then mostly cloudy. High of 43F. Winds from the NNW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 40%.
- Saturday as of Dec. 6 4:00 PM ESTSaturday - Partly cloudy with a chance of snow. High of 36F. Winds from the WNW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 20%.
- Current Conditions : 36.7F, Clear - 5:01 PM EST Dec. 6
Middlebury Landscape History
Over on the Turf Battle Atwater Landscape Contest Blog, I just posted a short new piece readers of this blog might find interesting. I was fooling around in ArcGIS one day, when I came across some historical aerial photographs of the town of Middlebury, including areas of the campus. I exported 3 pictures from the map of the Atwater section of campus, from 2006, 1974, and 1942. I like seeing the differences in canopy cover from year to year, and am amazed how young some “old” trees we have on the north end of campus actually are. Expect more pictures like this soon-this is really cool stuff.