Middland on TwitterMy Tweets
TagsArbor Day BFR Campus community campus wildlife CAPP Commencement drought ecology Emma Willard Facilities fall color flooding flowers geology GIS iTree job seeker Landscape landscape history McCullough native Outdoor Art Plant Pathology poem renga resume Reunion rocks snow snow removal storm report Tree Campus tree planting tree removal Trees twitter vandalism watering Weather weather station winter carnival winter term
- Current Conditions : 48.3F, Overcast - 1:10 PM EDT Apr. 23Temperature: 48.3°F | Humidity: 67% | Pressure: 29.59in (Steady) | Conditions: Overcast | Wind Direction: NNE | Wind Speed: 15.0mph
- Flood Warning - Expires: 12:53 PM EDTFlood Warning for Addison County in effect until 12:53 PM EDT on April 24, 2014
- Wednesday as of Apr. 23 11:00 AM EDTWednesday - Overcast with a chance of rain. Fog early. High of 50F. Winds from the NNW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 50%.
- Thursday as of Apr. 23 11:00 AM EDTThursday - Partly cloudy in the morning, then clear. High of 55F. Breezy. Winds from the NNW at 15 to 20 mph with gusts to 30 mph.
- Wednesday Night as of Apr. 23 11:00 AM EDTWednesday Night - Partly cloudy with a chance of rain. Low of 34F. Winds from the NW at 5 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 30%.
- Current Conditions : 48.3F, Overcast - 1:10 PM EDT Apr. 23
Middlebury Landscape History
Over on the Turf Battle Atwater Landscape Contest Blog, I just posted a short new piece readers of this blog might find interesting. I was fooling around in ArcGIS one day, when I came across some historical aerial photographs of the town of Middlebury, including areas of the campus. I exported 3 pictures from the map of the Atwater section of campus, from 2006, 1974, and 1942. I like seeing the differences in canopy cover from year to year, and am amazed how young some “old” trees we have on the north end of campus actually are. Expect more pictures like this soon-this is really cool stuff.