Middland on TwitterMy Tweets
TagsArbor Day BFR Campus community campus wildlife CAPP Commencement drought ecology Emma Willard Facilities fall color flooding flowers geology GIS iTree job seeker Landscape landscape history McCullough native Outdoor Art Plant Pathology poem renga resume Reunion rocks snow snow removal storm report Tree Campus tree planting tree removal Trees twitter vandalism watering Weather weather station winter carnival winter term
- Thursday as of Sep. 18 5:00 AM EDTThursday - Partly cloudy with a chance of rain. High of 59F. Winds from the NNW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 20%.
- Thursday Night as of Sep. 18 5:00 AM EDTThursday Night - Clear. Low of 36F. Winds less than 5 mph.
- Friday as of Sep. 18 5:00 AM EDTFriday - Clear. High of 61F. Winds from the South at 5 to 10 mph.
- Current Conditions : 47.5F, Clear - 4:13 AM EDT Sep. 18Temperature: 47.5°F | Humidity: 93% | Pressure: 29.94in (Rising) | Conditions: Clear | Wind Direction: WSW | Wind Speed: 0.0mph
- Frost Advisory - Expires: 8:00 AM EDTFrost Advisory for Addison County in effect until 8:00 AM EDT on September 19, 2014
- Thursday as of Sep. 18 5:00 AM EDT
Middlebury Landscape History
Over on the Turf Battle Atwater Landscape Contest Blog, I just posted a short new piece readers of this blog might find interesting. I was fooling around in ArcGIS one day, when I came across some historical aerial photographs of the town of Middlebury, including areas of the campus. I exported 3 pictures from the map of the Atwater section of campus, from 2006, 1974, and 1942. I like seeing the differences in canopy cover from year to year, and am amazed how young some “old” trees we have on the north end of campus actually are. Expect more pictures like this soon-this is really cool stuff.