Middland on TwitterMy Tweets
TagsArbor Day BFR Campus community campus wildlife CAPP Commencement drought ecology Emma Willard Facilities fall color flooding flowers geology GIS iTree job seeker Landscape landscape history McCullough native Outdoor Art Plant Pathology poem renga resume Reunion rocks snow snow removal storm report Tree Campus tree planting tree removal Trees twitter vandalism watering Weather weather station winter carnival winter term
- Current Conditions : 84.9F, Mostly Cloudy - 2:16 PM EDT Aug. 27Temperature: 84.9°F | Humidity: 57% | Pressure: 29.89in (Steady) | Conditions: Mostly Cloudy | Wind Direction: WNW | Wind Speed: 4.0mph
- Wednesday Night as of Aug. 27 11:00 AM EDTWednesday Night - Partly cloudy. Low of 57F. Winds less than 5 mph.
- Wednesday as of Aug. 27 11:00 AM EDTWednesday - Partly cloudy with a chance of rain, then a chance of a thunderstorm and a chance of rain in the afternoon. High of 84F. Winds from the South at 5 to 10 mph shifting to the WNW in the afternoon. Chance of rain 30%.
- Thursday as of Aug. 27 11:00 AM EDTThursday - Partly cloudy. High of 70F. Winds from the NNW at 10 to 15 mph.
- Current Conditions : 84.9F, Mostly Cloudy - 2:16 PM EDT Aug. 27
Middlebury Landscape History
Over on the Turf Battle Atwater Landscape Contest Blog, I just posted a short new piece readers of this blog might find interesting. I was fooling around in ArcGIS one day, when I came across some historical aerial photographs of the town of Middlebury, including areas of the campus. I exported 3 pictures from the map of the Atwater section of campus, from 2006, 1974, and 1942. I like seeing the differences in canopy cover from year to year, and am amazed how young some “old” trees we have on the north end of campus actually are. Expect more pictures like this soon-this is really cool stuff.