One of the two cherry trees on campus is in full bloom, and the one on the north of it is getting close. I will confess that I don’t exactly know what kind of cherry tree this is-one of the drawbacks to going to a university in the north. (University of Vermont) We’re not exactly a hotbed of cherry knowledge up here. In fact, it’s not even supposed to live up here. If I had to guess, I think it’s a Sargent Cherry, Prunus sargentii. So for those keeping track, that’s starting at about 75 growing degree days. For those that read a post a while ago saying I would write a post about growing degree days, I haven’t forgotten you.
Middland on TwitterMy Tweets
TagsArbor Day BFR Campus community campus wildlife CAPP Commencement drought ecology Emma Willard Facilities fall color flooding flowers geology GIS iTree job seeker Landscape landscape history McCullough native Outdoor Art Plant Pathology poem renga resume Reunion rocks snow snow removal storm report Tree Campus tree planting tree removal Trees twitter vandalism watering Weather weather station winter carnival winter term
- Current Conditions : 43.9F, Overcast - 6:57 AM EDT Oct. 21Temperature: 43.9°F | Humidity: 95% | Pressure: 29.92in (Rising) | Conditions: Overcast | Wind Direction: North | Wind Speed: 1.0mph
- Tuesday Night as of Oct. 21 5:00 AM EDTTuesday Night - Overcast with rain. Low of 45F. Winds from the North at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 70%.
- Tuesday as of Oct. 21 5:00 AM EDTTuesday - Overcast with rain showers. High of 55F. Winds less than 5 mph. Chance of rain 70%.
- Wednesday as of Oct. 21 5:00 AM EDTWednesday - Overcast with rain. High of 52F. Winds from the North at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 90% with rainfall amounts near 0.2 in. possible.
- Current Conditions : 43.9F, Overcast - 6:57 AM EDT Oct. 21