Panel Discussion: Athletics and Art as Agents of Social Change
Thursday, January 20, Wright Theatre, 7:00 p.m.
A panel discussion will explore the experiences of individuals working in the sport-for-development and art-for-development sectors. It will expose Middlebury students to various opportunities in these burgeoning fields. Panelists include:
· Moderator Alex Wolff (Princeton ‘80- Sports Illustrated Senior Writer)
· Mugo Kennedy (Rugby ‘12- Middlebury Social Justice Alliance)
· Jeremy Cline- (Middlebury Dance Company ‘11)
· Kim Kennedy (Soccer ‘08- Grassroot Soccer, Institute for International Sport)
· Carrie Sparkes (Lacrosse ‘10- Lacrosse the Nations; Winner of 2010 Kunin Award for Community Service)
· Prof. Emeritus Gary Margolis (Director of Counseling Services, Professor of English, published poet, Football, Basketball, Lacrosse ‘67)
Networking Event and Ice Cream Social Reception
Thursday, January 20, Chateau Ballroom, 8:30 p.m.
A reception will be held directly after the panel, giving interested students access to the panelists, representatives of organizations in the sport-for-development and art-for-development fields, and the Center for Education in Action (EIA).
Lecture: How Individual Choices Can Positively Impact Community
Bob Anderson, Corporate Leadership Trainer
Friday, January 21, Dana Auditorium, 4:30 p.m.
*Friday’s Events WHITEOUTS: come out in all white or wear your WYPS shirt!