The Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation at the University of Washington is now accepting applications for the Post-Bachelor Fellowship Program for the Fall 2010 cohort. All applications are due November 1.
The purpose of the fellowship is to:
- Enhance skills in conducting in-depth, methodological research on a variety of global health topics with mentoring from faculty and researchers who are the leading minds in their fields
- Advance knowledge of quantitative analytical methodologies and their application to global health
- Develop understanding of the current global health landscape and its challenges
- Strengthen ability to design and implement research projects and mentor junior researchers
- Prepare for future positions in academia, national health agencies, international organizations, and foundations
Fellows receive training through on-the-job research, methods workshops, access to University of Washington courses, and on-site lectures and seminars. Post-Graduate Fellows contribute directly to IHME’s research agenda through their involvement in work groups, development of new methods, and managing and driving research projects.
Post-Graduate Fellowships are appointed at IHME for one year with the possibility of renewal for a second year upon mutual agreement. The salary is $50,000. As University of Washington employees, fellows are eligible for an insurance benefits package that includes a choice among several medical and dental insurance plans, life insurance, and long-term disability. Please note that there is no retirement package included with this appointment.