When astronauts Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin took the first human steps on the moon on July 20, 1969, Armstrong famously uttered, “That’s one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind.”
47 years later, Special Collections & Archives launched ArchivesSpace (go/aspace), a search tool that organizes the diverse and unique archival and manuscript collections stored in the Davis Family Library on the Lower Level. (If you want to be fancy about it, these are called Finding Aids, or inventories made by archivists to help navigate a collection.)
- Drupal google_analytics_reports 7.x-3.1
- WordPress bbPress 2.5.10
- WordPress Email Users 4.8.3
- WordPress MailChimp 1.5.1
- WordPress Parabola theme 1.7.3
- WordPress WPML CMS Nav 1.4.19
- WordPress WPML Media 2.1.22
- WordPress WPML Multilingual CMS 3.4.1
- WordPress WPML Sticky Links 1.3.19
- WordPress WPML String Translation 2.3.9
- WordPress WPML Translation Management 2.2.1
Fixes and Tweaks
- Following reports that images and script files on our WordPress sites were slow to load off-campus, we’ve increased the number of allowed concurrent requests browsers can make to WordPress, which appears to have resolved the issue.
When you are reading e-mail or browsing online, be on the lookout for suspicious links and deceptive web pages, which are major sources of malware. Also be careful of downloadable files since they can introduce malware. And remember that additional browser plugins and unused applications require additional patching to remain secure. Here are some suggestions to make your day-to-day computing more productive, safe, and secure.
- Keep your software up-to-date. Be sure to install antivirus updates and regularly check for and install updates for any applications or browser plugins you may run on your computer. (e.g., Adobe Flash and Java)
- Be more secure! Don’t enter sensitive or personal information into a URL unless you have verified the address and you have ensured its security by checking that it includes HTTPS.
- When in doubt, ignore. Don’t click on pop-up windows or extraneous ads. And, don’t click on links in emails or web sites until you have verified their destinations by hovering your mouse over the link.
- Keep your private information safe. Use a strong, unique password or passphrase for each account, and avoid storing account information on a website. And consider using a digital password wallet such as 1Password or LastPass to secure your passwords.
- Segregate your browsing activities. Consider using separate browsers for sensitive logins and general web browsing.
- Use private networks for sensitive transactions. Avoid checking your bank account, making purchases, or logging in to other websites that include sensitive information when using public Wi-Fi.
Go stealth when browsing. Your browser can store quite a bit of information about your online activities, including cookies, cached pages, and history. To ensure the privacy of personal information online, limit access by going “incognito” and using the browser’s private mode.
Identity Theft – Prevention & Resolution
READ: Great Finances Need Protection
A key aspect of improving financial wellness and maintaining financial success is incorporating an identity theft protection plan….
READ: Smart Steps for a Victim
It’s not a matter of if but when you become a victim of identity theft. Take a moment to learn these smart steps for protecting yourself…
WEBINAR: Financial Peace of Mind
On July 28th, come hear about your opportunity to work with a Money Coach to overcome financial stress and achieve your financial dreams.
9am PDT SIGNUP
REWARDS: Take Action and Win!
You get the chance to win cool prizes, when you engage in the MSA program, work with a Money Coach, and attend webinars.
There are currently 3 faculty positions, 45 external job postings (regular, on-call and temporary), and 3 internal job postings on the Middlebury employment opportunities web sites.
Employment Quick Links:
Faculty Employment Opportunities:http://www.middlebury.edu/academics/administration/prospective_faculty/employment
Staff Employment Opportunities: go/staff-jobs (on campus), http://go.middlebury.edu/staff-jobs (off campus)
Please note – to view only internal staff postings, please use the internal posting search filter that was highlighted in this MiddPoints article.
On-call/Temporary Staff Employment Opportunities: go/staff-jobs-sh (on campus),http://go.middlebury.edu/staff-jobs-sh (off campus)