In continuing our upgrade of systems to PHP 7.1, we discovered several more WordPress plugins that are no longer in use or no longer working and removed them. These include:
- WordPress Simple Instagram
- WordPress Simple Facebook Connect
- WordPress Random Featured Post Plugin
- WordPress Proper Pagination
- WordPress Postcasa
- WordPress Movable Type
- WordPress Simple Mingle Forum
- WordPress IX Show Latest Youtube
- WordPress Meograph Embedder
Fixes and Tweaks
- Fixed an issue where news and events pages on the Institute site were missing page headers.
- Added new WordPress plugin to allow whitelisting iframe sources.
- Fixed an issue where clicking “edit” on a particular Drupal 8 page resulted in a 404.
- Fixed scrolling issue on Institute website.
- Removed a problematic Drupal 8 module inhibiting upgrade to Drupal 8.5.
- Fixed an issue where nightly course catalog exports were not pulling in new course requirements.
- Fixed issue with catalog export UI css classes conflicting with Firefox plugins.
- Performed security review for new WordPress plugin: FooGallery
- Fixes and tweaks for the new Institute site https://www.middlebury.edu/institute/
- Building out the configuration of our CAS servers in Chef, which is a configuration management system. We have already completed this work for our Drupal, WordPress, MediaWiki, GO, Omeka, and the Course Catalog services.
- Upgrading the Drupal sites for the Davis programs, Dining Menus, and Museum of Art to Drupal 8.
Do you want to learn what it’s like to be an osteopathic medical student? Sign up for ShaDO Week! The University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNE COM) with a group of first year medical students will be hosting prospective students on April 10th, 11th and 12th. You will be able to attend classes, go to lunch, with our students, etc.
Sunday, April 8, 2018
The New England Science Symposium (NESS), established in 2002, provides a forum for postdoctoral fellows; medical, dental and graduate students; post-baccalaureates; college and community college students (particularly for African-American, Hispanic/Latino and American Indian/Alaska Native individuals) to share their biomedical and health-related research activities through oral or poster presentations, to engage in discussions related to career development in the sciences, to exchange ideas and to expand their professional networks.
To register to attend the symposium, please click REGISTRATION
. There is no fee but pre-registration is required. Register early as seating is limited.
The Joseph B. Martin Conference Center at Harvard Medical School
77 Avenue Louis Pasteur
Boston, Massachusetts 02115
Join Barbara Ofosu-Somuah ’13 for a talk about her Fulbright and Watson Fellowships on Tuesday, March 20, 2018 at 4:30pm in Axinn 229. Barbara studied psychology, sociology and Italian at Middlebury. During her Watson year, she explored the role of hair in Black, Latina and multiracial cultures in several countries. For her Fulbright grant, she examined […]
There are a few significant updates to share about Rhodes Scholarships for 2018: DACA students in the US are now eligible for US Rhodes Scholarships Newly expanded scholarships exists for citizens from Singapore and East African countries Two new Global Rhodes Scholarships have been added for citizens not from existing Rhodes jurisdictions See http://www.rhodesscholar.org/applying-for-the-scholarship/ for more […]
Tuesday, March 20 at 4:30 pm in Axinn 229
Join Barbara Ofosu-Somuah ’13 for a Fulbright and Watson fellowships talk with Dean Lisa Gates.
Barbara, who has received both a Fulbright and Watson, studied psychology, sociology and Italian at Middlebury. During her Watson, she explored the role of hair in Black, Latina and multiracial cultures in several countries. During her Fulbright, she examined diversity and inclusion efforts in Italian schools.
Brought to you by our colleagues in CTLR!
The following is an email sent from the Pre-Medical Society. If you haven’t already joined and want to find out about them, attend an event and meet the board and members.
- We are introducing a new program: Pre-Med Buddies! If you are interested in either mentoring younger pre-med students or being mentored, please email us!
- We have weekly meetings at 4pm on Sundays in the Fire Place Lounge (except for the Sundays of Spring Break). All are welcome!
- We will be going to Dartmouth for a Medical School visit on April 7th. We will leave at 8am until 4:30pm. Please respond to this survey by the 23rd of March if you would like to go.
- There will be a Spring Advising panel April 18th at 7pm in BiHall 338!
We will have a heart disection on April 26th at 7:30pm in BiHall 205!