We recently posted new internship opportunities reserved for only Middlebury College students in Handshake.
Click here to review the list and the deadline dates. If you have any issues reviewing the list, click on jobs, click on filters, scroll down to Labeled by Your School, choose cci sponsored and reserved for midd from the drop down menu, and click See Jobs.
Please keep in mind you could apply to the CCI for funding an unpaid internship opportunity. Click here to learn more about funding an unpaid internship.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the GMHEC newsletter:
From: Schubert, Rebecca
Sent: Friday, January 11, 2019 11:12 AM
Subject: Upcoming GMHEC Well-being Challenge
Please join us for the next GMHEC well-being challenge which is scheduled to begin on Monday, January 28th. This four week challenge for faculty, staff and family members promotes the practice of daily activities which reduce stress and anxiety, improve performance and productivity and support general well-being. Four guided meditations will be provided with a different theme highlighted each week. Participants will be entered into weekly raffles to win fabulous prizes. We will be partnering with Wellable and using the WellSync app. Challenge details will be posted on the GMHEC well-being events web page on January 20th. https://www.gmhec.org/category/well-being/events/
We hope you’ll join on us on this adventure and are confident that it will support you in your journey towards optimal well-being.
We are planning our approach to upgrading to WordPress 5. If you have concerns about this upgrade, please let us know by the end of this week so we can incorporate them into our planning.
This release includes a significant change to the editing experience and we want to get feedback from the community before making this change. We have set up a copy of the live site on one of our development machines which you can use while on-campus or using a VPN client. As this is a development copy, it’s not as fast as the live site and you may encounter some glitches or things which didn’t copy over from the live site.
On a separate topic, we launched a new version of the Offices and Services site. Our office and Communications will be working with offices across campus to move them one-by-one from their current Drupal 7 sites into this new Drupal 8 framework and design. A couple of offices are already complete and just waiting on some finishing touches. ITS will be in the next batch of offices to move into this site.
- Omeka 2.6.1
- Omeka Geolocation plugin 3.0.1
- WordPress jetpack plugin 6.9
- WordPress nextgen-gallery plugin 3.1.5
- WordPress regenerate-thumbnails plugin 3.1.0
- WordPress hemingway theme 1.74
- WordPress twentyeleven theme 3.1
- WordPress twentyfifteen theme 2.3
- WordPress twentyfourteen theme 2.5
- WordPress twentysixteen theme 1.8
- WordPress twentythirteen theme 2.7
- WordPress twentytwelve theme 2.8
Fixes and Tweaks
- The MyEmma API now returns a longer form of integer to identify imports and our weekly sync process has been updated to take this into account.
- Fixed an issue which prevented updates to the library search widget.
- Fixed an error that would appear on some forms.middlebury.edu confirmation pages.
- Added spam prevention measures to the LS inquiry form.
- Fixed an issue with embedded videos on www.middlebury.edu
- Fixed a several errors in old WordPress plugins and themes that were breaking some pages.
- Fixes and tweaks for the new Institute site https://www.middlebury.edu/institute/
- Creating a new “Offices” site for institution-wide anchor functions.
- Upgrading applications to run on PHP 7.1.
- Upgrading the Drupal sites for the Davis programs, Dining Menus, and Museum of Art to Drupal 8.
Brought to you by Midd Alum Kayvon Sharif ‘16.5.
The THANC (Thyroid, Head and Neck Cancer) Foundation is a non-profit organization committed to supporting research and education in the early detection and treatment of thyroid and head and neck cancer, to advancing new therapies, and to alleviating the suffering and functional impairment of patients who undergo treatment.
Role: Research Associates collaborate with an interdisciplinary group of physicians and researchers affiliated with Mount Sinai Downtown Medical Center to conduct and publish clinical research. In addition, Research Associates also play key roles in the development and maintenance of a disease-specific electronic medical record system and an educational website for patients and their families (www.headandneckcancerguide.org). Finally, Research Associates have the opportunity to spend time observing thyroid and head and neck surgery in the operating room.
Qualifications/Required Documents: This is a full-time, two-year position. Research Associates must hold a Bachelor’s degree and typically have a strong interest in pursuing a career in medicine. Applicants should have a robust scientific background, excellent writing ability, and previous experience in a clinical environment is desired as well.
- Provide a cover letter (addressed to Dr. Urken), an updated CV, and two letters of recommendation to email@example.com.
- Please have your recommenders e-mail your letters directly.
- If selected for an interview, a writing assignment will be required.
- The application deadline is February 1, 2019 but we are gladly accepting applications before then.
For more information, please visit our website (www.thancfoundation.org), or feel free to contact Kayvon Sharif directly with any questions you may have!
Software Engineering at BlackRock builds products and services to meet the needs of BlackRock and all of their clients. Their technology culture and solutions help to distinguish BlackRock as an industry leader in both asset management and cutting-edge technologies. The team is made up of software engineers, data scientists, data engineers, quant developers, DevOps engineers, product managers, business analysts, UX engineers, UX designers and more, all working to drive innovation in the financial services industry.
As an analyst you will
- Gain a broad understanding of the investment process and the capabilities of Aladdin
- Become a life-long learner through our BlackRock Academies
- Work closely with senior engineers developing specific parts of the Aladdin platform. Take ownership of small projects and watch your creations be released to thousands of users
- Use cutting edge technologies such as Spark, Storm, Solr, Cassandra, Hadoop, Angular, React, iOS, and more
- Collaborate with colleagues to create innovative products during firm wide hackathons
- Meet smart, fun people through volunteering, employee and professional networks, and every-day interactions
- Aladdin Product Group Only: Participate in four 6-month assignments across various teams during a two-year rotational program, providing a breadth of experiences to teams, technologies and businesses.
- Two day intern-wide orientation
- Collaborate with other interns to create innovative products during firm-wide hackathons and strengthen your investment knowledge during portfolio challenges
- Attend fun networking and social events
- Use cutting edge technology to provide innovative solutions to some of the world’s most challenging problems
- Work on real, impactful work and contribute to the technology trusted to manage over $5 trillion.
Can I make an impact if I’m just starting out my career?
Find out how these BlackRock employees did. No matter what your level, you’ll be given real responsibility from day one – and they’ll be looking to you for your unique perspective to help them challenge the status quo.
How do I get a job at BlackRock?
Their head of global training explains here how to nail your interview and explains a day in the life of a trader.
I’m not a finance or business major; is there a place for me at BlackRock?
If you are interested please submit your online application by the below deadline.
- Summer Intern Deadline: January 28, 8:00am EST