Next week will begin the campus wide release of Sophos Anti-virus for Windows. This will be delivered across our network using the same mechanism that manages our Windows workstations. To facilitate this deployment we need to ask that all Windows systems be turned off on Friday nights and powered back up on Monday mornings for the next several weekends. The install packages will be pushed across the network according to the following schedule:
- February 19th: Windows7 systems
- February 26th: Remaining Staff workstations
- March 4th: Remaining Faculty workstations and computers that have not been addressed in prior groups.
For information on Sophos please see the FAQ at http://go/sophos. This will answer many questions you may have and will address many issues you may encounter. Prior to the date your system is scheduled for the Sophos install please do the following:
- Complete any software installs you may have pending, including any Windows.
- Disable any additional firewalls you may have added beyond the Windows Firewall. Please note, this is not referring to Anti-virus such as Symantec but rather products such as SonicWall.
- Shut your system down the Friday before the install so that it powers up the Monday morning of the scheduled install. If you power your system up over the weekend the install will start at that time.
- Shut your system down the Monday night after the install.
For additional information please see http://go/sophos