Dear LIS Colleagues:
As posted in the blog earlier this week. We are asking LIS to help us with a test of the Sophos deployment. Endpoint Protection Product. If each Windows user in LIS would please run the executable at the following link it will install the Sophos client onto your Windows system. It will also remove the Symantec anti-virus client from your system. There are some things you should be aware of in this process:
- When Windows detects the uninstall of Symantec and that you have no anti-virus it will give you a warning. You should ignore this as you are in the process of installing a new package.
- During the install process Windows Defender, if you have it running, may be disabled. If this occurs Windows will give you a warning. Please ignore this warning.
- While you are at a state with no anti-virus Windows may offer you a link to install a new Anti-virus. These may also be ignored as you are in the process of installing Sophos.
- The removal process for Symantec has been seen to take a protracted amount of time on some computers. You need to be patient. It is unusual but 10 minutes is a reasonable amount of time to allow for an install of this package. During this process some systems may stop responding at times.
- When Sophos has been installed the Gold shield of Symantec will have been replaced with a blue and white shield of Sophos .
For additional information on Sophos check out the FAQ at http://go/itsecurity.
Please click here for the Sophos install package for LIS Windows Users: http://whitetail.middlebury.edu/SohopsUpdate/SophosLIS.exe