Please come for even a brief time to support the Writing Center, have snacks, win prizes, and write!
Wednesday, December 5 from 8-11 PM, the Writing Center at Middlebury College will join other colleges and universities from around the globe in sponsoring a Write-In during November and December 2018. Supported by the Writing Program, the Center for Teaching, Learning & Research, the Davis Family Library, and the Anderson Freeman Center, the Write-In fosters a writing community by setting aside time and space in DFL 201, DFL 230, DFL225 and in the Anderson Freeman Center for students to write together. A Peer Writing Tutor and a Research Librarian will be on hand in LIB 201 and in the AFC to provide support. Additional Writing Tutors will be available in DFL 225 (7:30-midnight) and in Ross (Milliken Lounge 3) (9:00-11:00). To be eligible for prizes and to enjoy delicious snacks, sign in at DFL 201 or at the AFC.
During the Write-In, students may work on academic papers, do personal writing, or brainstorm writing for fellowships, internships, and jobs. We’ll provide snacks and prizes.
Why come to a Write-In?
Writing can be lonely, solitary work. Joining a group of other student writers can be motivating, productive, and calming.
How will this work?
Come to Davis Family Library 201 or to the Anderson Freeman Center any time between 8-11 PM. Stay from 15 minutes to 3 hours.
- Sign in to receive prizes/
- If you want, we’ll give you a pen and a pad.
- Have some tasty snacks (hot chocolate, hot and cold snacks, rice krispie treats, and more!)
- Meet with a Peer Writing Tutor or a Research Librarian.
- Stay in Lib 201, or in CTLR (LIB 225) or in the AFC, or go to one of our reserved quiet spaces in DFL 230.
What kind of writing should I do?
- Academic writing (Start your end of the semester papers this week!) (We’ll provide some research tips.)
- Personal writing (No idea where to start? We’ll provide some writing prompts.)
- Brainstorm writing for fellowships, internships, and job applications (We have a handy worksheet to get you started.)
Who is making this great event happen?
- Middlebury College Writing Center
- Middlebury College Writing and Rhetoric Program
- Middlebury College Center for Teaching, Learning & Research
- Middlebury College Davis Family Library
- Middlebury College Anderson Freeman Center
Mary Ellen Bertolini
Writing Center Director & Senior Lecturer, Writing
Center for Teaching, Learning, and Research
Davis Family Library 225E