September 12 – Introduction in-class
September 14 – Assignment #1 Workshop
- Choose 2 different options for your chosen critical object (film, TV show, webseries, etc.) – if possible, bring DVD or Blu-ray, or digital file on hard drive
- Bring external hard drive and headphones (to every class!)
- Do Video Commentary post
- Read “Has the Video Essay Arrived?” (Monaghan) and “College Leads in New Form of Scholarship: Video Essays” (DiGravio)
- If you do not have experience with Adobe Premiere, start working on the Lynda.com tutorials to help learn the platform.
- Watch “What Makes a Video Essay Great?” by Kevin B. Lee