Introducing the Message Board

Hi Class,

As we gear up for our final, I thought it would be useful to have a message board in which we can share information. A few reminders:

1. This way of teaching the class is an experiment. Consequently, both you and I will still have gaps in our understanding as you start to write your papers.
  2. Let’s help each other out in plugging those gaps. Use this board to ask questions, share useful readings, etc.
  3. Some of you have asked about doing additional research for the final. Here’s the policy: you’re not required to do so, but I suspect it will be useful to do so.
  4. Because this is an experiment, I’ll be relatively lenient in grading the finals. Consequently, feel free to take some intellectual risks. I mostly want you to use this as an opportunity to think about how the relevant disciplines should relate to each other. Hopefully, you appreciate the importance of these relationships either in virtue of your major or in virtue of being a student of the liberal arts, so this should be an opportunity to reflect on a deep level about activities that are central to your intellectual life at Middlebury.