Rana for First-Year Senator

As told by Rana Abdelhamid (NYMP13).

My name is Rana Abdelhamid and I am running for First Year Senator for the class of 2015. Ever since I arrived on campus I have been inspired by all the extraordinary work that Middlebury students are doing on campus and that has pushed me to pursue my own passion in leadership [positions] as well. [Back] In New York City, I was involved in a lot of leadership roles, from student government to just being an older sister. Now as a student at Middlebury College, I would like to take on a new role as the voice for my class. I believe that the concerns of the class should be addressed which is why my campaign involves listening to students’ concerns and addressing them into my platforms. (This is why my fliers contain direct quotes from students about problems that they want to address.) As a First Year Senator I will continue to listen to the voices of my peers and ensure that they are brought to the table. I am also a part of Middlebury Posse 13 and the Posse community at Middlebury has really empowered me for this position through all of the support that they have to offer. Don’t forget to vote!

Elections are being held TODAY (Monday, October 10th, 2011)

Look for the e-mail from the SGA.

UPDATE: Congratulations To Rana! We wish you the best of luck and can’t wait to hear about your great work on the SGA.