A Day in the Life…

Sarah Teigen…of Sarah Teigen!

On a typical Monday, I arrive on campus by 8am for International Education Marketing and Recruitment class, followed by a shift at the English as a Second Language (ESL) office, where I work as a graduate assistant. I also work for the Language and Professional Programs during the week. After work, I meet up with classmates at Plume’s for lunch, and top it off with a brownie (the women’s soccer team is hosting a bake sale fundraiser at the Holland Center – score!) and some studying before my afternoon French class.

After class, I might head to Café Lumiere with a professor to discuss course material, professional aspirations, or a combination of both. Then it’s off to the Holland center to work on a group project. In the evening, I might lead a planning meeting for a weekend camping trip with the Outdoor Recreation Club. As a Minnesota native, I love to take advantage of all the beautiful scenery and year-round sunshine to stay active during the school year!

In addition to school, work, club leadership and some socializing, this semester I have been applying for internship opportunities to fulfill my practicum requirement in the spring. I’m excited to see where this next step will take me professionally!