So, it dawned on me that I haven’t read any posts commenting on Deviant Art: the online artist domain where artists of all types can post their work.

www.deviantart.com

The great thing about DA is that it doesn’t really matter what sort of artist you are. Writers, painters, poets, and even filmmakers are all welcome to upload high quality versions of their work. Whats more, DA also has a system where you can sell prints of your work.

Pertaining to something we covered in class about copyrights, DA has a really neat system to make sure your copyrights over your work are kept and held secure.

I highly advise anyone interest in art of any kind check it out. It’s a great resource and there are many a talented person on there.

My site is http://ryougasaotome.deviantart.com/

Check it out. =)

-E.

2 thoughts on “Deviant Art in all of its glory.

1. A friend of mine just exposed me to Deviant Art a couple of months ago, and while I am not personally an artists, I really appreciate the type of community that it promotes.
    This is where the “alienation” of the internet argument loses ground. Sites like “Deviant Art” fosters not only communication, but criticism among individuals of a similar persuasion–the online community benefiting the user in terms of their personal artistic growth.

2. Agreed. This sort of community breeds constructive criticism and union I think.

It’s a really cool networking system too.