This past summer my best friend decided that he was going to become a fashionista and started a blog to track new street fashions in Miami. Despite the fact that I had no prior experience with fashion or blogs, he enlisted me to write commentary and accompany him on his scouting missions. I forgot to mention: central to the blog was “scouting” or hunting the streets of Miami for well dressed people and then asking them to pose for the camera. This was definitely awkward for all parties involved. People were always concerned about the legitimacy of the site and of course, who the hell we were. People were well aware of their “digital identity” and were worried for good reason. Luckily for them, our intentions were strictly professional.

A few weeks into the process, we received a call from a reporter at the Miami Herald; they wanted to run a full page story on us! The reporter accompanied us on a scouting mission and took photos of us taking pictures (kind of blew my mind). Then the paper sent a professional photographer to take glamor shots of us. It was awesome. We were so excited we even purchased a URL for the site . Finally, the story ran and we felt like minor celebrities.

But all good things must come to an end. We both had to go back to school so we left the website in the hands of a cool but irresponsible girl. She took absolutely horrid photos and couldn’t write to save her life. Unfortunately the whole project went down the tubes once we both left for college.

If you got to the site please look at the older entries.