Although I’ve been using computers since before I can remember, it wasn’t until 6th grade or so that computers and media technology became influential in my life. It was then, when my classroom got a flatbed scanner that I realized that the tech had advanced to the point that it could allow me to create art. So I saved up enough money and bought a Mac (a used G3 PowerBook) off of eBay.

Around eighth grade, I abandoned my life long dream of aeronautical engineering for the arts. I can’t draw freehand to save my life, but I can create most anything on the computer, with its plethora of tools from Photoshop to FCP studio, Dreamweaver, Poser, Keynote, the list goes on. And its paid off. For at least 4 years, my summer jobs have centered around my ability to create New Media content, from short films to websites. Without these tools, I would be useless.

Beyond content creation, I receive almost all of my daily content via the web–whether it is reading the Times columnists, watching the Daily Show via iTunes, research…you name the content, I probably access it via the internet now. (Although with my dialup connection back home, its a different story).

2 thoughts on “Ross’s Technobiography

1. I’m shocked you have dial up at home. I can imagine that being a HUGE drawback considering how much the internet is apart of your persona.

How do you deal with that?

2. Yeeeeeahh. Turns out I live in the absolute middle of nowhere. You can get high speed down the road from me in both directions, but I live in that sweet spot where both nearby towns are just a hair too far away. Not only that, my parents refuse to get a second phone line.