Application deadline: Friday, December 9th
- 8-10 hours/week paid position in the Center for Community Engagement. Level B pay, $10.32/hour
- Seeking a candidate who will be available to work on-campus for J-Term and spring semester
- Apply here.
- Questions? Contact Ashley Laux, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join a fast-paced, creative, joyful work environment and make a positive impact on-campus and in the local community through this position. We seek an intern to support Center for Community Engagement staff on a wide-range of projects including event planning, data input, program research, and logistical support. Each work shift will look slightly different based on the programming and needs of the Center for Community Engagement.
- Provide office coverage during office hours.
- Greet faculty, students, community partners, and other visitors to the Center for Community Engagement. Provide information about the office and our programs to visitors.
- Pursue innovative and creative ways to help spread understanding and awareness of the Center for Community Engagement on- and off-campus.
- Provide research assistance as needed (e.g., comparison to other campus programs, “best practices,” student service leadership, support for faculty, etc.).
- Help to plan and organize one-time events for the Center for Community Engagement.
- Help prepare materials-for bulletin boards, posters, articles, etc.
- Assist with other office responsibilities as needed.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks; self-motivation and the ability to work independently and proactively on projects; previous experience with community service, service-learning, and/or some familiarity with community service in Addison County preferred; event planning experience helpful.
- Strong computer skills, including Word and Excel.
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
- Reliability and a strong commitment to the Center for Community Engagement’s mission.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Research skills.
- Ability to prioritize and juggle several projects simultaneously.