Application deadline April 19th!
Founded in 2009 by industry leaders in enterprise software solutions, Macedon Technologies is a small, thriving technical consulting firm with offices in the Washington, DC and Austin, TX areas. Though under 100 people, Macedon Technologies has earned numerous awards from prestigious organizations, such as:
- #1 Small Business in Virginia – Virginia Magazine, 2018
- #1 Software Company – Washington Post, 2017
- 102nd fastest growing private IT services company in the country – Inc. Magazine, 2016
- #21 Best Company in America for Diversity – Fortune Magazine, 2015
At Macedon Technologies, they solve business problems by leveraging the Appian platform in a robust and Agile manner. Their Consultants architect, develop, and deliver enterprise software solutions that help transform the way their clients do business The result is more efficient, transparent, accountable, and profitable business processes – and happier people!
Are you a match?
You are an independent self-starter who stands out from the pack, with a bit of an entrepreneurial streak. You are enthusiastic not only about technology, but also about your passions outside of the CS department. You are a great storyteller, always keeping your audience in mind. You have a strong understanding of OO concepts, Java, and design patterns, but you are more than just a coder.
If this describes you, learn more in Handshake!
Castle Global is a full-stack deep learning company solving visual intelligence problems. Our flagship platform, Hive, consists of Hive Data—100k distributed workers performing data labeling tasks—and Hive Enterprise, where we build vertical-changing applications leveraging computer vision and deep learning. We’re working with some of the world’s largest technology and content businesses to change the way they analyze unstructured image and video data through machine learning.
People Operations Associate Role
Castle Global is looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic People Operations Associate. They are building a team of world class talent and are looking for a superstar who can engage not only with their internal team but also with new candidates and convey their platforms, products, and ideas. Their ideal candidate is an organizational powerhouse who can collaborate with multiple internal teams and stakeholders. The People Operations Associate will work closely with their Chief of Staff on growth strategies as Castle scales up and have a front row seat to the next phase of growth. They are looking for a team builder who can express their vision and is relentless in their pursuit of building the best team!
Does this sound like you? Learn more in Handshake!
Big military contract brings new tech jobs to Vt. company
Vermont Systems was a small, family business started over 30 years ago. The company that employed only five people now has nearly 100 and they’re not slowing down from here. Now, they’ve got a new military contract. Vermont Systems landed a deal with the U.S. Army that will bring in an extra $5 million-$8 million a year and add 20-25 new jobs. – read the full WCAX article by Dom Amato.
Vermont Systems is an employee owned Vermont company, based in Essex Junction (just outside Burlington). Founded as a family business, the company specializes in creating innovative applications for management of recreation organizations.
They develop, sell, and support their applications for a broad range of clients – from municipal recreation departments and universities to golf courses and the military.
What makes Vermont Systems such a great place to work? Here are a few highlights that their current employees mentioned:
- Energized, fast paced work environment
- Full health benefits, including 80% reimbursement for out of pocket expenses
- Profit sharing – twice a year bonus
- Team spirit – “all in” attitude
- Company Wellness program with onsite Fitness Center
- Available health and wellness coach
- National and International travel opportunities
- Healthy snack table provided (everybody loves a snack!)
- Monthly company lunches
- Vermont quality of life: Lake Champlain in the summer, ski areas in the winter, foliage in the fall and so much more!
- Numerous community involvement opportunities
Check out their job postings here and keep checking back as it looks like they will have a lot more positions opening soon!
A Research Technician position is available in the lab of Radhika Subramanian at Massachusetts General Hospital/Harvard Medical School in Boston. They are interested in understanding how the micron-sized microtubule-based machinery required for cell division and cell signaling assemble from the collective activities of nanometer-sized proteins. They use a variety of experimental tools, including structural methods, single molecule biophysics, and cell biological assays.
The candidate must have a B.S. in biological sciences or related field before starting this position. This position is ideal for a graduating student who is looking for 2-years of research experience before applying to graduate/medical school. The candidate must be familiar with general biochemistry and molecular biology techniques. Prior experience with fluorescence microscopy or image analysis would be an added benefit but not necessary.
Please contact Radhika Subramanian with your CV, names of two referees and a copy of your recent transcript.
23andMe is seeking a talented research assistant to help manage their research studies. This person will lead communications with research participants and support varied aspects of study execution. As needed, this person may also develop web-based interfaces for engaging research participants. Accordingly, the individual must possess a diverse set of skills and interests, including a passion for working with research participants, excellent written and verbal communication abilities, and superb organizational skills. Facility with coding is a plus. This is an exciting opportunity to learn about the personal genomics industry, while contributing to ground-breaking genetics research.
What you’ll do
- Conduct eligibility screening for research studies.
- Serve as a patient/participant liaison for our research cohorts: communicates with research participants by phone and email to address concerns and facilitate research study participation; investigates and resolves participant issues.
- Collaborate with colleagues in research, marketing, engineering, and customer care to develop and implement engagement, recruitment and enrollment strategies.
- Perform tasks for study operations, such as compensation, data collection, and IRB submissions.
- As needed, develop and maintain web-based interfaces for participant recruitment and enrollment.
- Communicate relevant issues and progress to multiple stakeholders and project leads.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
What you’ll bring (read the full list in Handshake)
- BS in Biology or related field required, background in genetics is preferred
- Technical proficiency in HTML, or demonstrated interest in learning to code is preferred
- 1+ years postgraduate experience conducting biomedical or health-related research is preferred
Read the full description in Handshake.
Harvard University Department of Stem Cell and Regenerative Biology has an opening for a research assistant/lab manager position in their laboratory beginning this summer. It is a two year position designed for students looking to apply to graduate/medical school.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Zon lab utilizes zebrafish as a genetic model to study the role of gene expression in hematopoiesis, cancer, and stem cell development. Under supervision of principal investigator (PI) and senior researchers, Research Assistants will perform a variety of routine and specialized laboratory tests, specimen preparations, and experimental procedures. Research Assistants will work with specialized laboratory equipment and perform data analysis. More specifically, according to established protocols and assigned schedules, research assistants will: perform a variety of routine laboratory tests and procedures (including standard molecular biology, microinjections, microscopy, tissue culture, and animal husbandry) for experiments that focus on chemicals screens utilizing zebrafish embryos, oversee maintenance of zebrafish lines to meet research requirements, maintain accurate records of results and methodologies, purchase lab supplies, oversee equipment maintenance and the laboratory’s compliance with institute and governmental regulations – acting as laboratory liaison to vendors, core facilities, and other laboratories, may conduct literature searches and reviews, compile information for journals, and recommend research techniques to PI.
Learn more about the position and apply on their website.
Application deadline April 11th!
The University of Rochester’s Global Neurology program is engaged in clinical care, medical education, and research in sub-Saharan Africa. In partnership with African non-governmental organizations and institutes of higher education, they seek to decrease the morbidity and mortality of common neurologic disorders in the region. Key activities include capacity building endeavors and discovery aimed at elucidating contributors to neurologic disease and neuro-disability. Research activities encompass a range of conditions and span investigations into the clinicopathological underpinnings of disease through to studies of health sector performance and challenges.
Position responsibilities include:
- General administrative support for ongoing epidemiological studies, clinical trials and collaborative US-Zambia post graduate training programs
- Assistance with grant application development and submission
- Supervised protocol development and subsequent leadership roles in staff training for implementation
- Assistance with assuring compliance related to both US and African regulatory requirements
- Scientific writing and/or analyses for publication online and in peer-review journals
Position benefits include:
- Field experience working in the health sector in sub-Saharan African within the context of a well-established, multifaceted program
- Working closely with US leaders in global health and top African academics
- Learning how to partner effectively to develop and execute relevant, high-priority research studies in lower and lower-middle income, tropical settings
- Gaining familiarity with the key stakeholders and actors in the global health arena
- An opportunity to become a published author in leading peer-reviewed journals
Bachelor’s degree required. Two year commitment preferred. Start in August 2018 preferred. The University of Rochester is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Apply in Handshake!