This week we upgraded MediaWiki to its latest “Long Term Support” (LTS) release, 1.31. This release provides a number of changes and improvements. Two of the most notable for users are that images will now open in a “lightbox” overlay rather than a separate page and the availability of a new search and replace plugin.
- MediaWiki 1.31 LTS
- MediaWiki RSS plugin REL1_31
- MediaWiki EmbedVideo plugin 2.7.4
- MediaWiki SimpleMathJax plugin 0.7.3
- Drupal 7.60, 8.5.7, 8.5.8, 8.6.0, 8.6.1, and 8.6.2
- Drupal entity plugin 8.x-1.0-rc1
- Drupal imageapi_optimize plugin 8.x-2.0-alpha4
- Drupal pathauto plugin 8.x-1.3
- Drupal redirect plugin 8.x-1.3
- Drupal video_embed_html5 plugin 8.x-1.1
- WordPress liveblog plugin 1.9.1
- WordPress wysija-newsletters plugin 2.10.2
- WordPress wp-custom-fields-search plugin 1.2.12
- WordPress wptouch plugin 4.3.29
- WordPress garfunkel theme 1.15
- WordPress hueman theme 3.4.5
- WordPress yoko theme 1.2.4
Fixes and Tweaks
- The Real Time SEO module for the Drupal 8 Institute site was causing a conflict for editors that would sometimes cause edits to pages not to save. We have removed this feature until it can be resolved.
- Lists of profiles on the Institute site can now be added to Basic Content pages, rather than requiring their own special content type.
- MiddSTART and MiddGOAL can now show either a participation goal or a total dollar amount as the contribution needed for a project.
- Fixes and tweaks for the new Institute site https://www.middlebury.edu/institute/
- Creating a new “Offices” site for institution-wide anchor functions.
- Upgrading applications to run on PHP 7.1.
- Upgrading the Drupal sites for the Davis programs, Dining Menus, and Museum of Art to Drupal 8.
- Providing O365 Groups to classes via the Course Hub.