We have added the Primary Categories plugin to our WordPress sites, which can be used to identify a category as being the “primary” one for a post or page. We also created a custom plugin to enable embeds from the Skedda online booking service.
- Drupal 7.50
- WordPress Email Users 4.8.2
- WordPress Espied theme 1.2.1
- WordPress Instagram Feed 188.8.131.52
- WordPress Jetpack 4.1 and 4.1.1
- WordPress NextGEN Gallery 2.1.33, 2.1.43, 2.1.44, 2.1.45, and 2.1.46
- WordPress The Events Calendar 4.2.2
- WordPress WPtouch 4.1.7
Fixes and Tweaks
- All 404 pages on the MIIS Drupal site now use the main MIIS theme.
- If you edited and saved a banner image on the Middlebury Drupal site, it would disappear. We have updated the code that checks if a page region is empty to correctly identify the field with the image, which changes its name from “body” to “multimedia” after you edit it the first time.
- We changed the settings of the Dining Menus site to allow editors access to the Drupal pages necessary to add new menu items. This had been removed in a recent server upgrade.
- Deleting a Moodle or Canvas resource from the Course Hub will now correctly delete the site, even if it has been used in past semesters. Previously, a check to determine whether the resource was used elsewhere prevented this removal.
- New Canvas users created by the MIIS Course Hub will have their default timezone set to Pacific. Those created by the Middlebury Course Hub will continue to have it set to Eastern. This does not affect any existing Canvas accounts and will not override any preference set by the individual in their Canvas account after it is created.
- Editors on the Davis Projects for Peace and Davis UWC Scholars sites can now edit any page.