On Sunday we worked with our colleagues in CSNS to migrate our Drupal sites to an updated cluster of web-hosts managed using the Chef configuration management system. This migration represents an exciting shift as we strive for more consistency and recoverability of our infrastructure. While the primary functions of all Drupal sites have been tested and validated prior to and after the migration, please submit a Web Helpdesk ticket if you notice anything newly broken in a Drupal site.
We have removed the wp-jquery-timelinr plugin from our WordPress sites. When it was enabled, editors were unable to use the WordPress editing interface. The plugin had not been updated in some time.
- Drupal 7.44
- Drupal views 7.x-3.14
- WordPress Redirection 2.4.5
- WordPress Search Everything 8.1.6
- WordPress WPtouch 4.1.5
Fixes and Tweaks
- We fixed some accessibility issues present in our Drupal site templates including an empty header on the BLSE site, a duplicate element in some of the branding blocks, lack of alt tags on the Sustainability site tag icons and MIIS site arrow images.
- Applied a fix to improve the speed of cascading permissions in Drupal.
- The “Middlebury in the News” feature of the Newsroom sidebar will no longer load its templates from the Sustainability site theme.
- A fix was made to the directory to solve an error that occurred when returning results that didn’t have an email address value.