The CCI Alumni Profiles site has been refreshed to once again include the rotating profile feature and we’ve added options to sort the profiles by major and class year.
One of the most common Drupal issues we’ve seen is that files in Recycle Bins work normally if you’re an editor who is logged into the site and has permission to edit the file. This sometimes causes an editor to forward a link to that file, which others can’t access. Now, when viewing a file in a Recycle Bin there will be an extra message after you’ve logged in. The “recycle bin” link will take you to the bin with the file so you can Restore it, if you’re the editor, and the contact link will allow others to send an email to the editor letting them know they can’t access the file. We also recommend reviewing our documentation on working with files in Drupal.
We’ll be working with College Communications to feature search promotions on our Google Custom Search Engine. This will ensure that when, for example, you search for “inauguration” you receive the appropriate page at the top of the list. We had originally thought about doing this automatically using the list of “searchable” GO shortcuts that appear when you start typing in the search box, but decided to start with a few manual entries. ITS will be adding some for internal audiences and welcome your suggestions. Also, if you are an admin of one of the CSEs like the custom one for the Helpdesk, you can add these yourself through the CSE dashboard.
- Drupal 7.40
- Drupal features 7.x-2.7
- Drupal features_override 7.x-2.0-rc2
- MediaWiki 1.24.4
- WordPress Akismet 3.1.5
- WordPress Hueman Theme 1.5.6
- WordPress MailPoet Newsletters 2.6.19
- WordPress Members 1.1.0
- WordPress OSM 3.4
- WordPress PreziWP 1.2
- WordPress qTranslate-X 18.104.22.168
- WordPress ShareThis 7.1
Tweaks and Fixes
- We believe we have resolved the issue with editing Drupal sites in Internet Explorer. If you continue to encounter issues with this, please let us know. We did discover a minor issue that occasionally occurs while editing Drupal sites in Microsoft Edge while testing this. You can review our Browser Support documentation for the latest information.
- The “SITES DOT MIDDLEBURY” and “SITES DOT MIIS” bars on our WordPress instances are now responsive and won’t cause themes to appear extraordinarily small on mobile devices.
- The FlatOn WordPress theme now supports the Co-Authors Plus plugin.
- We’ve fixed a bug in the WordPress Sign-Up Sheets plugin that stopped the event date from being included in confirmation emails.
- We’ve fixed a big in the Course Hub Moodle Resource that was causing the “visibility” setting of the Moodle site to not be reflected correctly when editing the resource.
- Expose.co content embedded in Drupal can now have a custom title and author set via the shortcode.
- We’ve added a[n admin-only] system for cleaning up deleted files (that are no longer referenced in content) from our Drupal file-upload directories to save space.