During our regular maintenance window this Sunday, February 8th we have the following activities scheduled:
- Starting at 5am EST the Middlebury website, http://www.middlebury.edu, will be put into a read-only mode for approximately 5 hours for an upgrade. After the upgrade completes the site will be put into full read/write mode.
- What’s available during this read-only period?: All publicly-accessible content on our website will be available. Links will continue to work. Drupal webforms are hosted on another site and can be accessed and edited as normal.
- What’s not available during the read-only period?: Commenting on news stories, content that requires logging in before viewing, content editing on the main Middlebury website.
- The hosted Hyperion and Banner applications, including Banner INB and SSB, will be updated and unavailable between 8am and 9am EST. The development environments for those services will be unavailable between 9am and 10am EST.
- Middfiles, which includes Orgs, all Classroom, and home directory folders, will be rebooted and unavailable for approximately 10 minutes starting at 8am EST.
- The Exchange email environment will undergo resource reallocations impacting 8 servers. The email environment is sufficiently redundant that we expect no impact to availability during this maintenance.
We appreciate your patience as we continuously strive to keep our systems functioning optimally.
ITS – Central Systems & Network Services
Middlebury, VT 05753