Thanks to a new agreement with ConnectNY we will be expanding our direct request options beyond the NExpress consortium. Both systems retain separate databases; records aren’t shared between catalogs, rather searches are transferred from one system to another. NExpress has licensed Peer-to-Peer software to connect to the ConnectNY consortium. If a patron doesn’t find what he/she is looking for in the NExpress catalog, there will be a button in place to search for the item in the ConnectNY Catalog. If the item is found in ConnectNY, patrons will be able to place the request, just as they would place a request in the NExpress system. They will be authenticated with the appropriate user information and select a pick up location for delivery. While the ConnectNY search button is appearing now in the NExpress search, it will not be open for use by Middlebury patrons until we go live on January 22, 2015.
Please send any problems to
Circulation: 802-443-5494 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Interlibrary Loan: 802-443-5498 or email@example.com
What is ConnectNY:
ConnectNY (CNY) is a membership-driven academic consortium in New York which currently includes 18 institutions. CNY’s mission is “to share collections, leverage resources, and enhance services through cooperative initiatives and coordinated activities.” All the academic libraries involved in ConnectNY share a common union catalog, powered by Innovative Interface’s Inn-Reach system. The combined collection that is shared by the members includes ten million printed books and an emerging collection of e-books.
Who are the current members of CNY?
- Adelphi University Libraries, Garden City, New York
- Bard College Libraries, Annandale-on-Hudson, New York
- Canisius College Libraries, Buffalo, New York
- Cazenovia College Library, Cazenovia, New York
- Colgate University Libraries, Hamilton New York
- Hamilton College Library, Clinton, New York
- Hobart & William Smith Colleges Library, Geneva, New York
- Le Moyne College Library, Syracuse, New York
- Medaille College Libraries, Buffalo, New York
- Pace University Libraries, New York, New York
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute Research Libraries (RPI), Troy, New York
- Rochester Institute of Technology Libraries (RIT), Rochester, New York
- St. Lawrence University Libraries, Canton, New York
- Siena College Library, Loudonville, New York
- Skidmore College Library, Saratoga Springs, New York
- Union College Library, Schenectady, New York
- United States Military Academy Library, West Point, New York
- Vassar College Libraries, Poughkeepsie, New York
All: I have heard that ConnectNY is now available AND working for Middlebury!
The ConnectNY pilot has now ended. Please use NExpress and ILLiad for requesting items.