Cell Phone Obsessed

I remember receiving my first ever cell phone. A bright red, slim Krzr. What would most kids that age have done? Most likely texted every person they have met or tried to find cool games. Not me. I got the phone and simply threw it in a drawer in my kitchen, powered off, where it stayed for weeks. Texts from friends would come in but they would go unanswered. I didn’t feel the need to be tied down to this device. How I wish I could go back to that point. I am attached to my phone now. I relish in the times when I can simply throw it on my bed and walk away from it for hours. Knowing I am always accessible is annoying, frustrating, and wonderful all at the same time. I think I need to start setting aside times for myself when I am completely technology free. My inner 7th grader is still there and I need to take advantage of her.

One thought on “Cell Phone Obsessed

1. Nicholas Andonian

So true. My first phone came around with me in my backpack, but it was essentially worthless aside from the occasional pick up and drop off txts to my parents. I don’t know what I would do without my phone now.