Social Innovation Associate
132 Blinn Lane, Middlebury, Vermont 05753, United States
About the role
Application deadline: May 1, 2022 5:00 PM
Posted date: March 21, 2022
Seasonal role: (5/1/22 – 7/14/23)
Estimated salary: $15.68 Per hour
US work authorization: Accepts OPT/CPT
The Innovation Hub is hiring a Social Innovation Associate for a 1-2 year term beginning Summer 2022. The Social Innovation Associate is charged with providing operational and technical support for the implementation of programs and outreach efforts to support social innovation at Middlebury. The Associate will be responsible for communicating the Innovation Hub’s initiatives and success stories of individuals and groups to internal and external audiences. They will also perform administrative tasks for the Innovation Hub’s overall programs. This position reports to the Director of the Innovation Hub.
- Develop, implement and support programs to inform and inspire social innovation at Middlebury. Assess and report the effectiveness of these programs.
- Support, coordinate, train and motivate students to build successful social innovation initiatives through advising, the implementation and facilitation of the grants program, the fellowship program, Projects for Peace.
- Support, coordinate, and implement exposure to social innovation through internships, Vermont Innovation Summer program, mentor/speaker events, and workshops (including, but not limited to cross-cultural communication, ethical decision-making, budgeting, pre-departure). Assist in the design and implementation of global health experiential opportunities.
- Serve as an ambassador for the social innovation programs to current students, prospective students, parents, faculty and staff, alumni, community members, and community partners. Serve as a conduit for communication between these groups, including through the maintenance of Midd2Midd and tracking.
- Produce and direct multimedia stories about the efforts of Middlebury students, faculty and staff that demonstrate leadership and learning about social innovation.
- Support the management of annual budgets that mirror program needs, payments and reimbursements.
- Compile Innovation Hub newsletter, social media, communications and outreach projects. Maintain the website, including blog and media updates, and write copy and other documentation for distribution to internal and external audiences.
- Supports relationships with Clinton Global Initiative University, Ashoka, and other university networks.
- Direct supervision of undergraduate interns.
- Serve as a liaison between Innovation Hub and Center for Community Engagement, Center for Careers and Internships, Environmental Affairs, and other campus partners to streamline programming.
- Support, as needed, the other programs that fall under the Innovation Hub.
- Strong organizational and professional communication skills.
- Ability to take ownership of several simultaneous projects, set priorities, and work in an unstructured environment.
- Willingness to live locally and work on in-person campus at the Innovation Hub office. There is hybrid/remote flexibility as needed, but the majority of the work will be in-person.
- Ability to advise students and execute programming in a manner that considers issues of diversity, equity, inclusion, and ethical decision-making.
- Familiar with Google Drive, Microsoft Office, Slack, and Zoom.
- Social media and/or graphic design experience with your tool of choice is a plus.
- Recent experience in higher education or familiarity with Middlebury College’s co-curricular ecosystem.
- Experience in an advisory role is a plus.
Offer is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
- Covid-19 vaccination is a condition of employment. For more information: https://www.middlebury.edu/office/covid-19-updates/covid-19-vaccine-requirements
We welcome people of all backgrounds to apply. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.