In this COVID-era semester, our course will have the following structure:
- For each week, we will have a set of reading. You should read that material before you watch my recorded lectures, which will be tied to our reading and our discussions to date.
- You will be expected to watch these lectures before your discussion section.
- On Tuesday, we will have two Zoom-based discussion sections, from 9:35 – 10:50 (Section O) and 11:10 – 12:25 (Section P).
- On Thursday, we will have two in-person discussion sections in LIB 105, from 9:35 – 10:50 (Section Q) and 11:10 – 12:25 (Section R).
- So the sequence for you will generally be readings, lecture, and then discussion section.
- For eight of our 12 weeks, you will also have problem sets (due in Sundays). Those problem sets, which can be found on CANVAS, will be based on our ongoing material.
- By the end of the term, you will complete a research paper, as described here.
Your course grade will be based on problem sets and a research paper.
1. Problem sets (50%)
We will have eight weekly exercises. Your grade for these will be the average of your top seven scores (giving you the option of opting out of one).
2. Research paper (50%)
Your research paper (detailed on the “Exercises and research project“) page will be due on the last day of exam period (Tuesday, December 15th).