Holiday Season

One of the best things about the holiday season is how little I depend on my computer.  I have spent the past few days with my friends and family, celebrating Thanksgiving and quickly transitioning into decorating for Christmas.  I am the biggest Christmas fanatic you will ever meet, so on the way back from our Thanksgiving dinner in New Hampshire, we were already blasting the Christmas tunes.  Friday was spent hanging Christmas lights outside, dancing around the house, and putting up every single decoration we own.  We even set the dining room table with holiday colors, and essentially had a Christmas dinner on the day after Thanksgiving.  Why did we do this?  Besides the fact that it’s never too early for Christmas, I wanted the house to be perfect the next time I am home.  I am always incredibly spirited throughout the month of December — I wear a different Christmas sweater every day (they get progressively worse as the month goes on) and I’m all about the Christmas lights everywhere.  But because I’ll be away for the first two weeks of December this year, I wanted to make sure I leave everything so the transition is seamless when I arrive back home on December 15th.  Today, I went to one of our local grocery stores to pick up a baby Christmas tree.  The entire staff outside was laughing at me and judging me so hard as I ran around all the trees and tried to find the best one for my dorm room.  Ok, so I’m bringing a fake tree because of the dumb fire safety regulations, but I still got a mini tree just to have one at home.

Throughout all of this madness and fun, I realized that I hadn’t been on my computer much in the past few days.  This seems to happen a lot around this time of the year, and I guess it just happens often on breaks, too.  There’s so much to do and so little time, that it seems wrong to waste it on my computer.  Bad news for the homework I have to do, but great news for my happiness.  I think it’s worth taking some time away from school work and spending it exactly how you want to.  Now I’m just counting down until the day I finish finals and turn my computer off to head back home for the holidays.

Get ready for my Christmas sweaters, see you all on Tuesday.