JEREMY BORGIA

jeremy-150x150

Academic Technology Specialist: Joint MBA/MA International Policy and Development, December 2016

Language of Study: Arabic (العربية)

Hello all! My name is Jeremy, and I’m an MBA/IPD student here at MIIS. My wife and I are both native Californians, having both grown up less than an hour away from Monterey, in Gilroy and Morgan Hill. We love to travel and experience foreign cultures and have lived in the Middle East a few different times. I recently graduated from Brigham Young University with a B.A. English and an Arabic minor.

The “plan” after graduation (quotation marks because I realize that everything can and will change before then) is to work in one of two fields: diplomacy as a Foreign Service Officer with the U.S. Department of State, or the private sector (probably high tech) as a trade compliance specialist. In any case, the dream is to have a career that affords me the opportunity to travel and work with different cultures.

Although I’ve never considered myself an “outdoorsy” person, living in Monterey has made me want to try to be one. So, while I’m here I’ve tried kayaking, hiking, biking on the coastal recreational trail, and I hope to become a jogger. I’m a sucker for good books, television and film, and food. Current favorites (subject to change) include The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. HydeThe West WingV for Vendetta, and Thai massaman curry, respectively.

DLC Specialties: MIIS web development (Drupal, WordPress, Google Drive), Social Media, Anki Flashcards, Excel, Budgeting software, Apple

Email address: jborgia@miis.edu