Next week, there will be another event related to writing pedagogy—a panel entitled “Engaging New Learning & Public Spheres with Technology,” which will place on Monday March 5th, at 4:30pm in Axinn 229. Please see below for more details.
Title: Engaging New Learning and Public Spheres with Technology
Description: Technologies in the classroom can be used to create complex, collaborative projects that challenge students cognitively and rhetorically. Faculty in this “Show & Tell” panel conversation will discuss how they develop invigorating learning spaces that include writing in digital spaces.
Panelists and topics:
- MaryEllen Bertolini (WRPR, Writing Center): Digital Storytelling
- Laurie Essig (GSFS): Feminist Blogging
- Ellery Foutch (AMST): Teaching with Tableau Vivants
- Jason Mittell (FMMC): Videographic Film Studies
- Hector J Vila (WRPR, CTLR): Online Writing for Publication (and will be moderator)
Refreshments will be served!
Shawna Shapiro, PhD
Associate Professor of Writing and Linguistics
Director of the Writing & Rhetoric Program