Today we started off the morning with some tracks from the rotation shelf before delving into Baltimore with Dylan ’16.
Scroll down for music and chatter.
“The Great Fire” – Future Islands
- Baltimore has a thriving music scene that encourages young people to engage with and create art.
- Dylan grew up in a neighborhood called Hamilton.
- There is actually a body of water named Prettyboy in Maryland.
“Diagonally Talking Echo – Dustin Wong
- Dylan has five sisters. One of them, Bella, is moving to Chicago to today.
- Despite a strong independent school culture, Baltimore’s public schools, according to Dylan, remain underserved. Dylan, citing her inspirational kindergarten educator mom and high school English teacher, envisions herself becoming a teacher.
“Prettyboy” – Dan Deacon
- Baseball season starts soon. Dylan is an Orioles fans. Watch out Yankees and Red Sox.
- Baltimoreans, not Baltimorons. Got it?
- If Dylan sees you wearing an Orioles shirt and enthusiastically says hi, you shouldn’t leave her hanging.
“Supers” – NARCstudies
- There’s an abandoned warehouse in Baltimore with pink and pastel-colored puff balls. Dylan says it looks like someone vomited color all over its exposed-brick walls. Can someone verify?
- Dylan’s interested in narrative journalism and wants to secure a MiddChallenge grant to tell the stories of people in her city. Help her make it happen!
Next week: we’ll at least have New York.