Today on Districts, we heard the sounds of Entreprise, OR. Scroll down for music and chatter.
“Whiskey Before Breakfast” – Bryan Sutton
- Grace, born in Seattle, WA, grew up in the northeast corner of Oregon in a town called Enterprise
- Grace grew up playing the fiddle. She competed in and won many competitions.
- Beware of goathead weeds if you ever camp out in Oregon
- Grace attended a fiddle festival called Stickerville (named after the goatheads that stick to the bottom of your feet)
“Nocturne No. 2 in E Flat Major, Op. 9,2” – Frederic Chopin
- The soundtrack to Grace’s childhood as Frederic Chopin
- The Weiser Fiddle Festival is the major fiddle festival on the West Coast
“In Wallowa” – Heidi Muller and Carolyn Lockheart
- Grace’s father is currently traveling around the country by school bus to help people learn how to sequester carbon
- Enterprise, OR is the end of Oregon’s Route 3
Stay tuned for next week, when we hit up a different hometown.