Big military contract brings new tech jobs to Vt. company
Vermont Systems was a small, family business started over 30 years ago. The company that employed only five people now has nearly 100 and they’re not slowing down from here. Now, they’ve got a new military contract. Vermont Systems landed a deal with the U.S. Army that will bring in an extra $5 million-$8 million a year and add 20-25 new jobs. – read the full WCAX article by Dom Amato.
What does VSI Do?
Vermont Systems is an employee owned Vermont company, based in Essex Junction (just outside Burlington). Founded as a family business, the company specializes in creating innovative applications for management of recreation organizations.
They develop, sell, and support their applications for a broad range of clients – from municipal recreation departments and universities to golf courses and the military.
Why Vermont Systems
What makes Vermont Systems such a great place to work? Here are a few highlights that their current employees mentioned:
- Energized, fast paced work environment
- Full health benefits, including 80% reimbursement for out of pocket expenses
- Profit sharing – twice a year bonus
- Team spirit – “all in” attitude
- Company Wellness program with onsite Fitness Center
- Available health and wellness coach
- National and International travel opportunities
- Healthy snack table provided (everybody loves a snack!)
- Monthly company lunches
- Vermont quality of life: Lake Champlain in the summer, ski areas in the winter, foliage in the fall and so much more!
- Numerous community involvement opportunities
Check out their job postings here and keep checking back as it looks like they will have more positions opening soon!