VMCAS GPA & BCPM Calculator:
All VMCAS applications are placed into Transcript Verification before releasing data to the veterinary schools. VMCAS matches your coursework section line by line against your official transcript to ensure you have correctly entered your courses. Once VMCAS receives *all* your required documentation (see “Required Documents”), VMCAS will then place your application in the verification queue. Verification can take up to four (4) weeks.
Requesting the VMCAS Committee Letter:
Once your file is complete, it will signal us to put your file into the letter-writing queue, chronologically by when we hear from applicants. A complete file consists of:
- Submitting your VMCAS Primary Application and email us a PDF copy of your application.
- Ensuring all Letters of Recommendation are updated in Interfolio (if you went through committee in a previous year or are re-applying) and all letters you want included in the committee letter are in.
- Sending us Unofficial Transcripts of all coursework taken elsewhere: please send them to us electronically.
- Signing the Committee-Letter Release form [will be page 1 of your committee letter], which you will have signed when you had your Health Professions Committee interviews.
- Sending us the VMCAS ID. We will need to complete your committee letter.
The Committee Letter:
Your committee letter will be compiled and uploaded to VMCAS and Interfolio as soon as it is ready. We will bundle recommendations and the committee letter for you. Click here to see what the committee letter will include.
Once we inform you your committee letter is complete, we will upload your letter directly into VMCAS eLOR and you will receive an email from them that it has been received.
Back to Application Timeline.