- For the external applications, you will need to request a personal copy of your official transcripts from each school you attended after high school through the application portal (AMCAS, AACOMAS, VMCAS, AADSAS, etc.). For Middlebury transcripts, the easiest, most efficient method is to order an electronic transcipt. To set up an order via the web with Credential Solutions, click here to get started. Ordering online is a great convenience as it’s available 24/7. You have the option of having transcripts delivered as a hard copy by USPS mail or UPS NextDay*, or electronically by secured email. Once the Registrar receives the order, it is usually fulfilled in 1- 3 business days.
- If you have questions for the Middlebury registrar’s office, try their FAQ page first.
- The official transcripts that go to AMCAS/TMDSAS/AADSAS/VMCAS/ACOMAS must be requested through the Registrar’s Office by YOU: the Health Professions Office cannot arrange this. Should you request your transcript before the final grades/honors/degree notations are posted, make a note requesting the registrar to hold sending the transcript out until those notations have been entered. Note: Middlebury gives one unit of credit for each course, whether or not it includes a lab or discussion section. Each of our courses is worth 3.3 semester hours; courses with labs are worth 4 hours. For AMCAS, enter “1” under credit hours, and the system should translate to 3.3 semester hours for lecture courses, and 4 hours for lab courses, when you submit. Foreign transcripts are not required, but if credit is granted by an American university for such courses, the transcript from that American university is required (if you went to a Midd school abroad, of course, it’s on your transcript already).
- From the AMCAS website: AMCAS requires one official transcript from each post-secondary institution at which you have attempted coursework, regardless of whether credit was earned. To determine whether or not an official transcript is required for one of your undergraduate institutions, consult the AMCAS Applicant Guide. Transcripts must be sent directly from the registrar’s office. AMCAS has difficulties matching applications to official transcripts that are not accompanied by the AMCAS Transcript Request Form, use this form to ensure that your transcript is matched to your application. Print the AMCAS Transcript Request Form from within your current application from the Main Menu.
- Our office will obtain unofficial transcripts from Middlebury College for the internal HPC process, so no one needs to request that they be sent to our office.
Back to Application Timeline.