Below are the important changes you need to know about the Veterinary Medical College Application Service (VMCAS) 2018 Personal Essay Prompts:
- The existing personal statement for veterinary medicine has been retired
- Three new questions will be implemented for this cycle, each requiring 1,000 characters.
- The prompts are as follows:
- There are many career choices within the veterinary profession. What are your future career goals and why?
- In what ways do veterinarians contribute to society and what do you hope to contribute?
- Considering the breadth of society we serve as veterinarians today; what attributes do you believe are essential to be successful within the veterinary profession? Of these attributes, which do you possess and how have you demonstrated these in the past?
Do you have questions about your application or about your personal statement? We’d love to help! Schedule an appointment with one of the advisors.