AADSAS GPA & BCPM Calculator:
ADEA AADSAS reports a variety of GPA calculations to the dental schools. The grade conversion table and rules used to calculate GPAs can be found here. ADEA AADSAS reports: overall GPA (undergraduate, graduate and combined); and these undergraduate GPA’s: biology-chemistry-physics GPA (BCP); science GPA (all science courses including math, natural sciences and BCP; non-science GPA.
Requesting the AADSAS Committee Letter:
Once your file is complete, it will signal us to put your file into the letter-writing queue, chronologically by when we hear from applicants. A complete file consists of:
- Submitting your AADSAS Primary Application and email us a PDF copy of your application.
- Ensuring all Letters of Recommendation are updated in Interfolio (if you went through committee in a previous year or are re-applying) and all letters you want included in the committee letter are in.
- Sending us Unofficial Transcripts of all coursework taken elsewhere: please send them to us electronically.
- Signing the Committee-Letter Release form [will be page 1 of your committee letter], which you will have signed when you had your Health Professions Committee interviews.
- Sending us the DENTPIN ID Number. We will need to complete your committee letter.
- On your primary application you will list the committee letter as your one letter that schools should expect to receive. List Mary Lothrop as the committee letter author, and indicate which of the medical schools to which you are applying should receive the committee letter (typically all of them). Mary Lothrop will upload the letter directly to AADSAS for the service to distribute the letter. Please send a committee letter request from AADSAS to the Health Professions in-box.
The Committee Letter:
Your committee letter will be compiled and uploaded to AADSAS and Interfolio as soon as it is ready. We will bundle recommendations and the committee letter for you. Click here to see what the committee letter will include.
Once we inform you your committee letter is complete, we will upload your letter directly into AADSAS and you will receive an email from them that it has been received.
Back to Application Timeline.