Do you love solving tough problems with data? Want to make a difference next summer?
Through the Analytics Summer Fellowship, you’ll work with the City to improve how Boston uses data every day. Our fellows play a vital role in developing special projects for the Analytics Team.
We’re looking for fellows to join the team to work in a range of areas. This includes data science, analytics, performance management, open data, GIS, and data engineering. We will consider you for projects that best fit your qualifications.
In all these roles, you will apply and develop your skills while working on important projects. Some examples of projects from our 2018 fellows include:
- developing an application to notify residents with provisional health insurance of key deadlines for retaining coverage
- evaluating 2016 early voting data to help inform the Elections department ahead of 2018 early voting
- establishing data-sharing processes, defining key performance indicators, and building reports and visualizations
- digitizing records and building map-based applications to support Fair Housing and Equity, and
- building database tools to support strategic decision-making and track progress on major City initiatives.
More info and apply here: https://www.boston.gov/departments/analytics-team/analytics-summer-fellowships
Deadline is Friday, January 11
A Midd student did this competitive experience last year and loved it!