Considering a summer internship? Great news! The Center for Careers and Internships has funding for unpaid summer internships and applications are open! This year’s grants may be used for remote, hybrid, or in-person internships.
2023 Summer Internship Grant Overview:
$4000 Summer Funding Grants support expenses related to unpaid summer internships for Sophomore Febs through Senior Febs.
$1000 First-Year Explore Grants support expenses related to unpaid summer internships for First-Years (including new Febs) and Sophomore Febs.
$1000 Arts Grants support short-term (3 weeks or less) experiential arts opportunities (e.g. residencies, apprenticeships, dance festivals, etc.)
Resume approval with a Peer Career Advisor (PCA) is required by April 5 before submitting application. (Resumes approved earlier this year or last year still qualify as approved.)
Meeting with a CCI Advisor to discuss your plans is required for First-Year Explore Grants and strongly encouraged for all other applicants. Schedule a meeting via Handshake.
Find all details and forms at go/summerfunding, including CCI’s Quick Guide: CCI Summer Funding.
Grant application deadline: Friday, April 7. Award notifications sent out on May 3.
Searching for an internship?
- Over 5000 internships (paid and unpaid) in Handshake.
- Check out CCI-sponsored internships, including MiddWorks for Vermont internships, that come with guaranteed funding (more coming soon and all class years are eligible)!
- Visit CCI’s Find an Internship page for tips on finding or creating an internship.
- Watch the recorded Find and Fund Your Summer Internship presentation.
- More internships and information on CCI’s Career Path Pages.
CCI is here to help!
- Drop into Quick Questions for help with your internship search or to have your resume approved by a Peer Career Advisor (PCA). A CCI-approved resume is a requirement for applying for CCI funding and always strongly encouraged before applying for internships and jobs.
- Visit go/Handshake and click on “Career Center” and “Appointments” to schedule an appointment with a Career and Internship Advisor in your area of interest. Students interested in Health Professions or science-related internships may make an appointment with CTLR advisors by emailing Hannah Benz or Mary Lothrop.
We hope Summer 2023 will be a great summer for you! We look forward to hearing from you!